Shut up! We don't want you here.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
"Under my policy, energy prices would necessarily skyrocket"
Barrack Hussein Obama

He promised this is what he would do, he's just "keeping his promise"

May the greatest of fuck be upon Obama.

No, he has failed miserably to make prices skyrocket.

Not once has he beaten or even managed to match Bushes highest gas prices

You should be hammering this point home; what's wrong with you?

20070201_192518_Spidey_Drunk_1-.jpg

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I can't believe that guy just complained about Obama's influence on gas prices and then posted a chart showing they've never been as high as when Bush was in office....then he turned around and said fuck Obama. lol

Spidey07 & America, proof that intelligence does not determine success.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I can't believe that guy just complained about Obama's influence on gas prices and then posted a chart showing they've never been as high as when Bush was in office....then he turned around and said fuck Obama. lol

Spidey07 & America, proof that intelligence does not determine success.

Well, he is the guy who professed never washing his hands after dropping a deuce...and then claimed it strengthens his immune system.

germs.jpg

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Gas prices were 1.90 per gallon when he took office.

You do the math on how much of an increase since he took office. I'll make it easy = WELL OVER 50%.

A question was asked, and I provided the TRUTH.

Gas price average when Bush was inaugurated: $1.60 a gallon.

Price of gas at its peak before the economic crash: $4.40 per gallon, an increase of 275%.

Price of gas when Obama was inaugurated in January 2009: $1.89 a gallon.

Price of gas at its peak in April 2011: $3.92 a gallon, an increase of 207%.

Even if you want to say "but hey that's a longer period of time, that's not fair!" From February of 2007 to July of 2008 gas prices increased from $2.11 to $4.12 (195%) in a much shorter time period.

Now I haven't gone back and checked all of his posts, but our good friend spidey has been a member of this board since 2000. Anyone want to take bets on whether or not we can find posts from him wishing the 'great fuck' upon Bush for his increase in gas prices? Of course we can't. The guy is seriously mentally ill, he seemingly has some sort of paranoid disorder in my professional opinion as an Official Internet Psychiatrist. (although really, if he's not trolling I can't see how this isn't indicative of some genuine mental disorder)

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Wait, wait.... what does that chart show?
Gas prices were HIGHER in 2008 than the entire time period Obama has been in office?
Naw, that can't be. When Spidey posts the "TRUTH" he means it. :rolleyes:

swing and a miss.

here is this picture easier for you to understand?

bush-vs-obama-on-gas-prices.png

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Gas price average when Bush was inaugurated: $1.60 a gallon.

Price of gas at its peak before the economic crash: $4.40 per gallon, an increase of 275%.

Price of gas when Obama was inaugurated in January 2009: $1.89 a gallon.

Price of gas at its peak in April 2011: $3.92 a gallon, an increase of 207%.

Even if you want to say "but hey that's a longer period of time, that's not fair!" From February of 2007 to July of 2008 gas prices increased from $2.11 to $4.12 (195%) in a much shorter time period.

Now I haven't gone back and checked all of his posts, but our good friend spidey has been a member of this board since 2000. Anyone want to take bets on whether or not we can find posts from him wishing the 'great fuck' upon Bush for his increase in gas prices? Of course we can't. The guy is seriously mentally ill, he seemingly has some sort of paranoid disorder in my professional opinion as an Official Internet Psychiatrist. (although really, if he's not trolling I can't see how this isn't indicative of some genuine mental disorder)

soooo remind me what was the gas price the day before Obama was sworn into office? you know when bush was still in office??

was it $1.89??

and what was going on during bushes time to push gas to 4 bucks a gallon? i seem to remember something really big.

what exactly has caused the price to get higher and higher and higher since Obama took office? i really cant think of anything. the past 3 weeks is the only time gas has come down since obama came into office.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
soooo remind me what was the gas price the day before Obama was sworn into office? you know when bush was still in office??

lol. Are you serious? If your argument is that Obama should attempt to cause a catastrophic worldwide economic meltdown in order to decrease gas prices please let me know.

EDIT: Wait, I think you're serious. This is amazing. Not only are you trying to credit Bush for the decrease in gas prices in late 2008/early 2009 caused by a massive economic catastrophe, but you're trying to blame Obama for the restoration of more normal demand. I would seriously love for you to explain exactly what point you think you're making here. Be specific.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
what exactly has caused the price to get higher and higher and higher since Obama took office? i really cant think of anything. the past 3 weeks is the only time gas has come down since obama came into office.

You can't recall anything happening during Obama's time in office? Really? Not only that, but if that 'something big' you are referring to is the Iraq War that was Bush's choice. If you're talking about the housing bubble, that's something Bush helped enable as well.

To decipher why gas prices might have been where they were under the handover, let me give you a really big hint. Go look at this chart here: http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

Hit the 'past 4 years' button.

See that enormous drop in gas prices in late 2008? That's called a "giant worldwide economic catastrophe". When this happens, demand for gas plummets, decreasing its price. When that demand starts to come back, gas prices go back up.

I know you aren't stupid enough not to be able to understand this, and I genuinely can't imagine that you actually believe what you just wrote.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
swing and a miss.

here is this picture easier for you to understand?

I know pretty pictures from conservative think tanks are easier for some people to understand, but that doesn't help with reading comprehension.

I compared the prices in Spidey's chart that showed Aug 2008 as being over $4.00 a gallon average. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.

The entire thing is bullshit anyways, the president has next to no control over the price of gas or anything else.

Last edited:

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
gas is a necessity for life as we know it economy not a luxury.

Then change your expectations. And if gas is a necessity, you're in for a rude awakening when it gets a lot more expensive than it is now. Americans are such a spoiled bunch...

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Gas prices were 1.90 per gallon when he took office.

You do the math on how much of an increase since he took office. I'll make it easy = WELL OVER 50%.

A question was asked, and I provided the TRUTH.

ch.gaschart

Gas-pump-sign-1.jpg

Hey?! What's that on the left of your chart? How did gas drop 60%?
Is that related to oil dropping from $150 to $30 in 6mos?

Wonder what caused that? Seems like something that should have been in the news! Whatever it was, let's do it again! Romney 2012!

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

was it $1.89??

and what was going on during bushes time to push gas to 4 bucks a gallon? i seem to remember something really big.

Republicans r awesum @ economics because they say they r awesum

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Hey?! What's that on the left of your chart? How did gas drop 60%?
Is that related to oil dropping form $150 to $30 in 6mos?

Wonder what caused that? Seems like something that should have been in the news! Whatever it is, let's do it again! Romney 2012!

Bush was smashed constantly over gas prices. The same should be done to Obama. The facts prove under his watch they've gone up some 60%, crushing the middle class and raising the costs of goods everywhere.

That is why Romney is visiting gas stations, to prove the facts about obama's failed presidency and attack on energy/oil.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bush was smashed constantly over gas prices. The same should be done to Obama. The facts prove under his watch they've gone up some 60%, crushing the middle class and raising the costs of goods everywhere.

That is why Romney is visiting gas stations, to prove the facts about obama's failed presidency and attack on energy/oil.

So were the larger and faster increases in the price of gasoline under Bush facts about his failed presidency and attack on energy and oil?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

So people complained a lot to Bush, he listened (finally after 3 yrs) and prices magically fell?

Does this work with everything? Maybe I'll write to Obama complaining about my verizon bill.

Grrr under Bush I had an unlimited data plan, and now under Obama we're forced into tiered plans! Plus they want upgrade fees for a new phone!
Wahhh life's not fair, free markets are supposed to mean free shit! whaaah!