Shut Down The Trump Organization. Now.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I've wondered why there has been a disparity in reporting in regards to CGI vs Trump's businesses esp. given Trump's is for profit. Liberal media indeed.

Shut it down?

Oh, there’s been nary a peep from our esteemed opinion pages regarding the flood of money from foreign entities into the Trump Organization.

Not one word about the impropriety of a candidate for President still operating a business that relies on deals in foreign lands, with foreign governments.

The New York Daily News, this past weekend, found that Donald Trump’s beendoing a lot of big deals with the Saudi government, putting a lot of money into his pocket.

We know that the Trump Organization makes a lot of money off its resorts inDubai and Panama, and has big deals going on in Turkey, Bali, and thePhilippines.

We know that Donald Trump, Jr. said, “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

How does all that money coming in give the American people the confidence that Donald Trump isn’t selling future access and policy, right now, in exchange for cash?

To his credit, like the Clintons, Donald Trump said he would disassociate himself from his business, if elected.

He’d just let his kids run it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ion-now_us_57cd8111e4b0b9c5b7399639?section=&

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Was the Clinton foundation shut down due to Secretary Clinton?
No, it kept running and doing business with foreign interests. They recently had to pledge that they'd stop those donations when she's elected.

The news for the Clinton's are the deals already made while she was in office with foreign donations flowing in and those specific people gaining access or privileges. Not a maybe, but a look back and review of what has already transpired.

You'd rather see people rave over future potential... when the real corruption is your choice.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Was the Clinton foundation shut down due to Secretary Clinton?
No, it kept running and doing business with foreign interests. They recently had to pledge that they'd stop those donations when she's elected.

The news for the Clinton's are the deals already made while she was in office with foreign donations flowing in and those specific people gaining access or privileges. Not a maybe, but a look back and review of what has already transpired.

You'd rather see people rave over future potential... when the real corruption is your choice.

That pledge was voluntary, not forced.

It's not like the Trump organization has pledged to not accept foreign investment, is it? Of course not. I can't imagine how money that directly benefits the recipients could be more influential than money going to charity, can you?

Reactions: Aegeon
Jan 25, 2011
Considering the Trump Foundation donated illegally to Florida AG Bondi and was fined for doing so that too should be closely scrutinized. This was at the same time she was deliberating whether or not to join the suit against Trump University. She ultimately decided not to after receiving the donation. Doubt anyone in congress will be interested in that though.

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I wasn't aware Trump was in a position of power in government and able to sell access to that power through his foundation. I thought he was a private citizen?

Jan 25, 2011
I wasn't aware Trump was in a position of power in government and able to sell access to that power through his foundation. I thought he was a private citizen?
You don't think it relevant if the man running for President used funds donated to a charity as a political contribution in order to avoid that state joining a class action suit against him? A contribution that was illegal and lead to a fine? A foundation that has on numerous other occassions seemed to be acting as an extension of his election campaign which would be a violation of IRS rules for 501(c)(3) organizations? Handing out ceremonial checks to charity groups from the foundation at rallies with "Make America Great" printed on them? You don't think that sounds like something that should be looked into as well?

Oh and the foundation failed to disclose the illegal contribution and when found out they also didn't get the illegal contribution back.

OK then.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You don't think it relevant if the man running for President used funds donated to a charity as a political contribution in order to avoid that state joining a class action suit against him? A contribution that was illegal and lead to a fine? A foundation that has on numerous other occassions seemed to be acting as an extension of his election campaign which would be a violation of IRS rules for 501(c)(3) organizations? Handing out ceremonial checks to charity groups from the foundation at rallies with "Make America Great" printed on them? You don't think that sounds like something that should be looked into as well?

Oh and the foundation failed to disclose the illegal contribution and when found out they also didn't get the illegal contribution back.

OK then.

It seems like there's a more than trivial chance that a felony was committed there. I can't imagine that any objective observer would not think that this deserves extreme scrutiny.

Jan 25, 2011
It seems like there's a more than trivial chance that a felony was committed there. I can't imagine that any objective observer would not think that this deserves extreme scrutiny.
Nah the Trump campaign/foundation dismissed it as coincidence and a series of errors that lead to all of the mistakes because, you know, the best people.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Nah the Trump campaign/foundation dismissed it as coincidence and a series of errors that lead to all of the mistakes because, you know, the best people.

What's funny is that in the past he bragged about how he could manipulate office holders with donations. Now he wants us to believe that when Florida's AG was considering pursuing a multi-million dollar case against him when he conveniently gave her $25,000 right then it was just because he liked her. Oh, and conveniently incorrectly reported it as a donation to someone else.

Sounds totally legit to me!