Show up for Highschool Musical 3 watch 'Sex Drive' instead

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
OOPS.
link
SOUTH JORDAN ? Some Utahns attending the weekend opening of Disney's biggest movie of the year were exposed to a little more than they were expecting.

Friday night, managers at the Megaplex Theatre at the District, 11400 South Bangerter Highway, switched one of the showings of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" to a larger auditorium to accommodate more people. They forgot, however, to switch the movie that had previously been scheduled for the room.

So rather than the family-friendly, G-rated "High School Musical 3," the beginning of the very nonfamily-friendly R-rated "Sex Drive" came on the screen. The opening minutes of the movie include nudity.

"I could not carry my little children out before they were exposed to extremely vulgar and sexually explicit material," one parent complained in an e-mail to the Deseret News.

The film was stopped as soon as the mistake was realized. It was not known Tuesday how long the movie ran until it was turned off.

Megaplex spokesman Jeff Whipple said "Sex Drive" was only on the screen briefly.

Theater managers apologized to the audience and gave everyone free movie passes and concession vouchers. For future movies. Whipple said a policy of secondary confirmation and personal supervision by a theater manager will be required before a movie is shown.
I am sure half the kids had already found the nude pics of Vanessa Huggens anyway...

This is Mormon country too.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
what the heck?

do the opening credits have nude scenes in it?

funny nonetheless.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Basic Instinct is the only movie I've ever seen with nudity in the opening scene.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
umm, the name of the movie is "Sex Drive." So, I'd think the chances are very good that there might be some nudity near the beginning...

:laugh: it's funny though!

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
From the article:

"I could not carry my little children out before they were exposed to extremely vulgar and sexually explicit material," one parent complained in an e-mail to the Deseret News

I suspect those little children will be more hurt by overparenting than by any tits they might have seen.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
utah, 'nuff said.

Actually all of america seems to have a problem with naked people. backwards puritans ;)