Should you be allowed to sell one of your kidneys?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
So, you can live with one, and you can save someones life.
If someone offered you couple of million should you be allowed to sell one?

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
You can offer your kidney to a specific person through hospital donor programs, but you cannot sell it.

That being said, it's my freakin body and if I want to start hacking it up to make some money I should be allowed.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
fuck yes

money talks and my non-essential organs are for sale

WA261

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Would suck to sell one then find out a few yrs down the road your remaining one was bad.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I am seriously thinking of rounding up some bums off the street and doing some ugly deeds. Heck, I'd even organize the parts in a basement full of freezers.
You can bullshit all you want, but as the economy gets worse and worse, we're all going to be doing unsavory things to get by. Selling organs is probably not the worst of them.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: techs
I didn't know you couldn't (never gave it any thought). Is there a state or federal law preventing it? Do all countries prevent it somehow?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: shortylickens
I am seriously thinking of rounding up some bums off the street and doing some ugly deeds. Heck, I'd even organize the parts in a basement full of freezers.
You can bullshit all you want, but as the economy gets worse and worse, we're all going to be doing unsavory things to get by. Selling organs is probably not the worst of them.

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
Originally posted by: WA261
Would suck to sell one then find out a few yrs down the road your remaining one was bad.

that would suck, but wouldn't those people get more priority for a transplant than those who just had a problem. they gave one to save a life, they at least deserve a better chance for themselves to live

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: seemingly random
I didn't know you couldn't (never gave it any thought). Is there a state or federal law preventing it? Do all countries prevent it somehow?
I know its illegal in the US and most "civilized" countries, but there might be a few where its still ok.
Maybe we should ask Steve Jobs where he got his liver from? I'm guessing, statistically, it was from a p.c. user.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Should you be allowed to sell one of your kidneys?

You betchaya! I think if someone wants to pay you for the pleasure of jabbing scissors in your eyes, you aught to be free to make the deal. Just don't ask the taxpayers to foot your recovery bill.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
I know its illegal in the US and most "civilized" countries, but there might be a few where its still ok.
Maybe we should ask Steve Jobs where he got his liver from? I'm guessing, statistically, it was from a p.c. user.
Maybe someone just happened to donate one to steve - and then this person magically found a tremendous deal on a new house.

I seem to remember advances in growing organs in the lab.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I don't really see a problem with it, as long as your health insurance is canceled forever.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: OCguy
Originally posted by: shortylickens

:laugh:

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006

:D:laugh: