should we vote for the least likable candidate?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
seems like every time we vote for the guy we want to have a beer with, we end up in trouble...

maybe we should do a 180 and vote for the least likable candidate?

Nixon '08 ftw!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I have recommended this to Republicans for years since it's they who have the worst problem. This year is somewhat different as they are running only candidates they despise. At least some listen to me.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
Originally posted by: bamacre
You mean people like Paul, or Kucinich?

I mean seriously, what's wrong with Kucinich? He has a decent record the best in his party at least, I would vote for him. Should he win the party, but of course, he is not the cool kid on the block so I doubt he would ever win his party.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: DarkThinker
You mean people like Paul, or Kucinich?

I mean seriously, what's wrong with Kucinich? He has a decent record the best in his party at least, I would vote for him. Should he win the party, but of course, he is not the cool kid on the block so I doubt he would ever win his party.

I think he's a very honest guy. But honesty is one reason why him and Paul can't win.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Vote for the party you agree first, because generally, whatever the candidate will stick to the party's platform.
Within party, vote for candidate you agree with most on issues, and also someone who has a track record of fighting for those issues, and not just talking about them.
That's why Hillary is the only candidate for me.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp

I'm honestly starting to think you might require professional mental health services when your hero falls. She's well on the way to complete incineration :laugh:

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
senseamp ignores the debt and entitlement costs were are leaving for our children. It isn't just fiscal irresponsibility, its immoral.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
senseamp ignores the debt and entitlement costs were are leaving for our children. It isn't just fiscal irresponsibility, its immoral.

Republicans are more than welcome to run on platform of abolishing Social Security :D

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Pabster

I'm honestly starting to think you might require professional mental health services when your hero falls. She's well on the way to complete incineration :laugh:

Actually, I will be fine if any of the electable candidates from either party win. They are all liberals as far as I am concerned :D Hillary is just extra credit because she pisses off rightwingers and people like you.
You on the other hand, are going to have a tough 4 years (or more) if she wins :D

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Republicans are more than welcome to run on platform of abolishing Social Security :D

Thanks for further proving my point.