Should water be drank cold or lukewarm?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
I knew someone who liked to drink hot water, boiled. blech, but then again she did keep a cloth over it so no dust got into her drink.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
While I think that cold water tastes much better, water closer to your body temperature is actually better for you because water can not get absorbed until it reaches body temperature. Therefore your body will reap the benefits of the water faster and hydrate itself faster if you drink warm water.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: SynthDude2001
I drink cold water just because I think lukewarm water is nasty.

I totally agree. I hate when water gets warm and you take a gulp and almost gag it back up. I make trips for ice multiple times every day at work.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
i drink both.

I can drink soda,like Pepsi at 70-75f but too much warmer; yuck

Beer i want COLD!

H2O,water i can drink cold,or warm,prefer 40f-80f .

Don't put so much ice in my soda that its mostly water!
thats a rip off at the fast-food chains,and the restaurants.

I ask for my soda "no-ice please"

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: GOSHARKS
freshly filtered out of a snow-melt sourced lake or stream is the best :)

Cool, they're building one of those near the new Walgreens.

Czesia

Nov 22, 2003
I'm not too fond of water, warm or cold, period.

When I do drink it, it's got to be cold, warm water is just nasty. Not to mention that with tap water, when it's room temperature you can taste all the chlorine and junk they put in there... blech!

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
This guy at work would heat his cups of water from the nice cold dispenser in the microwave till it was pretty damn warm. Yuck. He said he could drink more that way... he is real intense about running and marathons.