Should unions be able to take money for political purposes from nonmembers?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Do you have any idea what an additional $360 dollars a year in a 401K would be by the time you retire?

Besides, its still $350 a year. How much is the payroll tax cut for most Americans? Its gotta be relatively close....

Umm I really don't need a lecture on retirement savings. I am fully vested in my 401 and contribute the maximum amount to it that is an instant Tax deduction.

I also have shitloads of private investment stocks,Securities and rental properties. Oh fully paid for two divorces, alimony,loss of property,Equity while putting 4 kids through College.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Heh. Remarkable characterization, considering that Unions are democratic by nature & that business management obviously is not. If being a union worker is akin to being under the union's thumb, it's often more comfortable & advantageous than being directly under the management's boot.

Unions find little traction in well compensated & well treated workforces, and none at all in ones that are extremely well indoctrinated in the adulation of their "betters" & the social mores of obeisance to authority.

Is this your way of saying "yes, I think people should be forced to join unions or be fired"?