Should Sandy Hook information be released to the public?

Release the information?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
For once lets have an honest and open discussion.

In this case, it is a persons right to privacy vs the publics right to know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rosecutors-report-released-today-details.html
The lead investigator State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky III, who has gone to court to fight the release of 911 tapes, consulted privately with victims' families on what might be included in the report and resisted calls from Connecticut's governor to divulge more information sooner.

Personally, I think the upper class of the area does not want to face that this kind of violence could happen to them. Shootings like this only happen in the ghetto,,,, right?

While I respect a persons right to privacy, the people doing the investigating are on the public payroll. And since they are paid by the public, should the public have a right to know what the investigators found?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Why do you need to know?

That is a good question, and I am going to try to answer it as honestly as I can.

1, To defy white privilege. If this shooting had happened in Detroit, chances are the 911 tapes would have been on youtube before the bodies were cold.

2, So the public can make up its own mind as to what happened.

If Adam had lived, and gone to trial, would the judge issue a gag order? Would the public have access to the court records? Or would the court records have been sealed?

One of the corner stones of our legal system is having an open court system.

Since the shooter is dead, and there will be no trial, should anything change? Let the people have the information just like as if Adam had gone to trial.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think there is a balance, should we get more detail of the investigation and evidence released yes? Should EVERYTHING be released? No. By everything I mean crime scene photos, autopsy reports and photos, I think these items should remain confidential.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
If this happened in Detroit, I doubt anyone would care, let alone would have called 911. Detroit is a HUGE murder capital every year. It's a daily thing.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That is a good question, and I am going to try to answer it as honestly as I can.

1, To defy white privilege. If this shooting had happened in Detroit, chances are the 911 tapes would have been on youtube before the bodies were cold.

Don't say you want a real discussion and then go down this path.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Don't say you want a real discussion and then go down this path.

SheHateMe asked an honest question and I gave an honest answer.

If you disagree with my answer, then say so, and please explain exactly why you disagree.

My opinion is if the sandy hook shooting had happened in a lower class poverty area, the 911 tapes and everything else would have already been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.