Should I watch the National Championship game tonight?

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
If I watch the game on TV, Alabama will win. If I do not watch it, Clemson will upset Alabama in the last few seconds.

Don't doubt my power. I watched the pittsburg/Cincinnati game. I was pulling for Cincinattie and you all saw how that ended. I then watched the last half of the vikings game and the kicker shanked an easy field goal. I was pulling for the Vikings. Washington was beating Green Bay, until I turned on the game and the Redskins got shut down. I would have likes to see Washington move on.

I don't like Alabama but want to watch the game.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Until I saw a commercial yesterday, I honestly thought they'd played it already.

So probably not.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
DO NOT WATCH THE GAME.

Go Tigers.

I, also, will not be watching the game. Makes my BP skyrocket. If C wins, I'll catch it on tevo.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I'm sick and tired of Clemson saying nobody believes in them blah blah. They've been voted #1 for months, obviously people do.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
As someone who has to put up with Alabama fans for like 4 years, I hope they win. But, I'm an asshole and want everyone not an Alabama fan to be annoyed for another year.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Alabama will win no matter what you do. The team I hate the most usually wins and my power is stronger than yours.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Alabama will win no matter what you do. The team I hate the most usually wins and my power is stronger than yours.

I don't doubt my power but it is conceivable others may have similar powers... but I am also going to skip the broncos\steelers game to be safe.. Manning needs to get to the superbowl again before he retires.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I'm sick and tired of Clemson saying nobody believes in them blah blah. They've been voted #1 for months, obviously people do.
I'm a glass is 3/4 empty guy and a Clemson fan since ~1974. 1986 graduate. They have yet to fail to not let me down multiple times. I hope they win by 1pt or 50.

My wife went to the Uni of SC, a rabid football fan, and I've had to listen to her pull for USC, the other team, the cheerleaders, the damned chicken. I thought about putting a child gate on our stairs so she wouldn't fall down them...14 times in a row. I didn't. Must be bad husbandry.:sneaky:

Aside...she complained that C was beating up on HS teams. My 14 yo reminded her that those HS teams were beating up on the chickens.:biggrin::biggrin:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Hey, where's pricklypete? Nice Clemson boy.

New babies, I hope.

And KevinCU.

Last edited:

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Good game so far. I don't have ESPN either but I really wanted to watch to I found a way.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
It wasn't last year either...Disney won the bid so now it's on ESPN.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Championship game is not OTA? Is this a fucking joke?

Yep. Fuck that noise. All the major bowl games were on ESPN.

And then they turn around and bitch about viewership being down.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
ESPN has broadcasts and different cam views you can watch without logging in. The CFP Hometown Radio: Alabama or Clemson are probably the best to watch. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#sport/football/

Some of the screen is blocked by stats and different views but it's not bad on a big monitor.

Normally I can log into espn through my isp to watch but I haven't been able to watch the big college games for some reason.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yep. Fuck that noise. All the major bowl games were on ESPN.

And then they turn around and bitch about viewership being down.

yep. Viewership for bowls and the new darling playoff games are down something like 15% or more from last year?

Also, ESPN revenue dropped some 20% over last 3 years?

NCAA and other major sports franchises aren't going to hand around for that cable shit much longer.

Accord99

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2001
yep. Viewership for bowls and the new darling playoff games are down something like 15% or more from last year?
To be fair, last year was the start of the playoff system, while the teams involved overall had a bigger fanbase, and the semi-final games weren't scheduled on New Years Eve.

NCAA and other major sports franchises aren't going to hand around for that cable shit much longer.
Only if they can make more money elsewhere. Who is going to give it to them?

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003

Also, ESPN revenue dropped some 20% over last 3 years?

Another problem too was the absolutely puzzling decision to have the biggest "playoff" bowls on fucking NEW YEAR'S EVE!
You know...the night when everybody is OUT and NOT hanging around to watch sports.
Instead of New Year's day...when everyone is inside, recovering, and sitting on the sofa watching TV.

:rolleyes: