Should I upgrade to 1.4 or wait

msvman

Junior Member
Apr 9, 2003
15
0
0
I see that the 1.4 p3 tualatin is available for about $200. My current PC specs are below. Would it be more beneficial to just wait and upgrade to a p4 or go with the 1.4 for now. And will it be able to handle such games as Doom 3 or Halo

Asus TUV4X
1.0 Ghz Celeron
512 kingston PC133 ram
Asus TI4400
100 GB WD hard drive with 8mb cache
sound blaster live value

Thanks
 

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
10,886
2
0
I wouldn't sink any more money into a SDRAM based platform. For $200 you can buy a P4 2.53 GHz 533MHz FSB solution. PC2100 DDR is also cheap.

-DAK-
 

Afro000Dude

Senior member
Feb 6, 2003
746
0
0
200 bucks for a 1.4 p3? I got a 1.6 p4 for 135 almost a year ago. Check pricewatch.com... there must be better deals.
 

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
33,944
1
0
If you have ~200.00 to spend, pick up a 1700+ JIUHB Tbred B & NF7-S v1.2 or 2.0
 

msvman

Junior Member
Apr 9, 2003
15
0
0
that's as good as it gets even looking at pricewatch. I just wait till 3.06 come down a bit and do a major upgrade.
 

Batman5177

Senior member
Dec 30, 1999
216
0
0
the words "upgrade" and "1.4" dont match up!

if you're on a budget, try to get a ECS K7S5A and a XP1700+ for around $110
(if you live near fry's, they have motherboard/cpu combos for under $100)

this board is good for you since you can reuse your ram!!

you will save money and have a faster computer