Should I try for this job.. its at a radio station?

Oct 9, 1999
its for a desktop top tech guy.. however its a full time position..

I want to get my foot back into radio broadcasting once again. What do you think?

Its for a radio station here in Los Angeles area.. what do you think????

NetworkDad

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Get your foot in the door. Any job is this current economy is good. Most companies will usually run new positions internally first, giving you first dibs on that great Jockey position.. :)

unxpurg8d

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2000

Go for it! Maybe you can wrangle a tech radio show out of it.... and knock that incredibly irking Kim Komando chick off the air....blech!!! :disgust:

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Can you explain the reason you might not want to?

<< it's at a radio station >>

<< I want to get my foot back into radio >>

Um, sounds good to me.

Oct 9, 1999
I used to be a jocky in India.. dont know the requirements in the US.. it was fun while it lasted.. this for an IT position..

Thing is I already have some experience in the entertainment industry - I work for a special effects company. So I feel I got an upper hand.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
hey manjul. i worked for a radio station in hollywood last 2 summers ago and it was an awesome job. it was a spanish radio station La Que Buena, and they paid me good at that time. I had a good time since i was there with my friend, radio stations are a very nice envirnoment, go for it

danny~!

syzygy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2001
seems as if the money can't answer your question. so what if they pay you in rocks,
if this is something you'd enjoy and not really consider 'work' in the hope you may
break into a radio stardom - many a jock had their lucky beginnings in lowly gopher
gigs - take the chance. it may never come again. time for a measure of your cajones :p