Should I try for the A or settle for the B? (My GPA is beyond hope already)

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I'm like a B+ or A- in all my classes this quarter. :p

My GPA is already shot.. was on AP. :p (Advice: Don't stay in a major you hate regardless of the situation.)

Sooooo.....

I can do just about nothing and get a B+ (or at minimum a B).
Or I can try and study for finals and probably do no better than an A-.

Obviously you can see which way I'm leaning. ;) But I leave ATOT to decide my fate.

Polls close @ 7PM PST!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I would have gotten a B in one of the classes i took...but if i did extra credit i could bump it to an A. I said screw it, i wanted the 4.0 for the semester, so did the EC. Got a A. :D

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
You want fries with that B?

"B" lazy and stay out of the skilled labor market. Leave the jobs open for people who care. Party on!

<-- Dave's evil twin

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
its a stepping stone for college admittance and scholarships... if you already got them then i dont see the need

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Ok you screwed up once - so you should just give up completely? Who would you rather hire if everything else is equal:

Person X who wasted his/her freshman and sophmore years when all you really take is mostly general education classes, but then got his/her act together and did quite well in the classes related to your job position, or

Person Y who wasted his/her entire schooling and has never shown any signs of working hard?

You know what, many people would rather choose person X, possibly even over someone who coasted through school with all A's. Why? Since he/she obviously has learned that to succeed in life you need to take the blows, get back up, and finish the job well.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: LS20
its a stepping stone for college admittance and scholarships... if you already got them then i dont see the need

are you thinking he is in high school? Based on this statement: "Advice: Don't stay in a major you hate regardless of the situation." i'm assuming he is already in college.

LS20

Banned
Jan 22, 2002
Originally posted by: pyonir
Originally posted by: LS20

are you thinking he is in high school? Based on this statement: "Advice: Don't stay in a major you hate regardless of the situation." i'm assuming he is already in college.

ah... my bad... i didnt know he meant academic probation... i thoght he meant advanced placement :D :Doh!:

well, gee, if you boost a 1.9 to a 2.3.. you wouldnt want to reveal it on a resume anyways... and after your first job and experience, you wouldnt care about gpa regardless of how high it was :D

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Please don't be like most of the people we've hired (and later fired) in the last 5 years. Get in the habit of doing your best all the time.