should i sell this stuff?

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
ive never sold anything on here but im wondering if its even worth it.

Ive got a Intel Pentium 4 550J processor @3.4Ghz - never OCed
ASUS P5GD1-VM motheboard - P15 chipset
Thermaltake silent775 cpu cooler
WD200GB HD SATA 7200Rpm
Ultra X-connect 500watt modular PSU

everything works fine and none of it has ever been OCed. I figure that at least the CPU has some value but how much. and should i just throw the mobo and cpu fan in as a deal and sell them all together?

I dont know who would want a single core CPU now but i guess someone might need one as a replacement?

let me know what you think

---

Hi,

Please read the rules for our For Sale/Trade forum. Price and interest checks like this are not allowed because people have used them as an attempt to circumvent our rule against auction style offers.

As myocardia suggested in his reply, there are lots of ways you can check current the value of the hardware you have.

Thanks for understanding.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Price checks aren't allowed on AT, but I would go browse/search the FS/FT forum for P4's, to get an idea of what prices they're bringing. Oh, and whether or not you bundle them is up to you. People who offer discounts for buying more than one product usually sell their stuff alot sooner, though.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
The best bet would be to pricewatch the parts to see what they sell for as new and try for 3/4 to 1/2 of that. Its a good place to start.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
how do u buy and sell on these forums though. I've never done it, how does it compare to ebay or somethign like that. is there any buyer or seller protection?

Twsmit

Nov 30, 2003
www.heatware.com is the best known selling/buying reputation site. Use that plus paypal protection, common sense and if you need to a telephone.

Since you have zero heat you will probably have to ship first and get paid second.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
THATS the site i always hear about here. What are the chances of being screwed on there compared to ebay. and i have been screwed on ebay from a couple of morons

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
If you use common sense, you're alot less likely to get screwed here than on fleabay.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
Honestly for that hardware I'd just give it to someone in need than try to make a buck off it. It's not worth anything to anyone who has any money.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
I'm with TidusZ here, that processor just doesn't have what's needed these days. It won't keep up with even a single-core celeron of the C2D architecture and will crank out a lot more heat doing it. Those P4 netburst cpus made excellent space heaters but not so good processors.

EDIT: Look around the FS/FT forums, there might be some takers. If the person has good heat they're unlikely to cause any problems for you. Otherwise try to sell the parts locally on craigslist or something?

Phunk0ne

Jul 20, 2007
-1 Denithor & Tidus. Seriously, this world does not consists of overclockers and C2D's alone.

I was able to sell off

1- Athlon XP 2600+
2- Asus A7n8 Deluxe
3- 1GB of DDR 333
2x 200B WD IDE HD's
380Watt PSU

you will NEVER know if your stuff is going to sell if you haven't even tried.

the hardware I have just mentioned, was the very same hardware I started off with selling here on AT.

usefull tip:

Just go by any of the FS/FT threads on the forum and see @ what price they are selling their hardware for.

GL!