Should I pay my ebay fees that are not correct?

platinumike

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2004
right now my account says indefinitely suspended, and i cant check my ebay or any of the items ive sold. I sold a guitar on ebay months ago. 4 different listings, the 1st one i did a buy it now, no one took it. 2nd time i listed it some guy won the auction but never paid. I relisted, 3rd time another guy won the auction, didnt pay it. 4th time different guy won the auction, but i did the 2nd chance offer and finally sold it. Ebay collection agency or something called me up just and is asking for to collect selling fees for each time i listed it when in fact i only sold the item once. My mistake on my behalf I only filled a non paying buyers dispute for one of the occasions. They are looking to collect $109.00. When I sold the guitar for $540, the listing fees i was using accumulated to like $12.00. But they are charging me a % on the ammount like i really collected. Should I just cancel my account, tell um to hell with it, ro should i pay?

theGlove

Jan 13, 2005
normally i would side against ebay but you should pay since afterall it was in your fault....

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: platinumike
right now my account says indefinitely suspended, and i cant check my ebay or any of the items ive sold. I sold a guitar on ebay months ago. 4 different listings, the 1st one i did a buy it now, no one took it. 2nd time i listed it some guy won the auction but never paid. I relisted, 3rd time another guy won the auction, didnt pay it. 4th time different guy won the auction, but i did the 2nd chance offer and finally sold it. Ebay collection agency or something called me up just and is asking for to collect selling fees for each time i listed it when in fact i only sold the item once. My mistake on my behalf I only filled a non paying buyers dispute for one of the occasions. They are looking to collect $109.00. When I sold the guitar for $540, the listing fees i was using accumulated to like $12.00. But they are charging me a % on the ammount like i really collected. Should I just cancel my account, tell um to hell with it, ro should i pay?

didnt file? your fault... pay.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Originally posted by: platinumike
what will happen if i dont pay?

The same thing that happens to any debt that isn't paid. They will eventually sell it to a collection agency who will bug you until you decide to pay. Your credit report will reflect this. Just because this is an online bill doesn't mean it isn't a real debt.

I would make every effort to contact ebay by phone and try to explain the situation to them, perhaps they will agree to wave the fee or agree to a reduction in the fee.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Why didn't you file it as a non-paying bidder the first two times? :confused: How are they supposed to know the person didn't pay?

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I was in a situation where my fees were incorrect and a collection agency kept harrassing me, the reps would even get rude. I ended up paying just to get them to leave me alone.