Should I overclock AMD 64 Winchester using nTune?

akshayt

Banned
Feb 13, 2004
Should I oc my pc using nTune?
Isn't it much safer?
Will I be able to get moderate oc of about 2.2-2.4ghz?

Does it show the correct temperatures and all?

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
I've never personally used nTune. nVidia isn't very good at all at writing code, it seems. Almost everyone who overclocks from within Windows uses this: ClockGen

Crassus

Oct 21, 2001
I tried nTune and it can give you a ballpark area for a stable o/c for PCIe and RAM timings. I couldn't get it do even a halfway decent "FSB" overclock on my (as of today) former Winnie 3000+. Without trouble I got it to o/c about 40%, nTune reported a max of 11%. I think they still need to work on it (as in: a lot).

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
ntune is crap, it will crash your system in a heartbeat.

Overclock using the bios and/or clockgen in windows. I only use clockgen for raising the FSB, as changing multi's or volts in windows is risky

996GT2

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2005
omg not ashkayt again...
I'm not even going to give any advice b/c I know it won't be taken...or until he actually shows us some pics of his 1900XTX computer to prove he actually has something to OC on...

mancunian

May 19, 2006
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
ntune is crap, it will crash your system in a heartbeat.

Overclock using the bios and/or clockgen in windows. I only use clockgen for raising the FSB, as changing multi's or volts in windows is risky

I wouldn't even use Clockgen.

IMHO, the only way to overclock is from within the BIOS.

Akshayt, if you are not comfortable going into the BIOS and doing this, you should not be overclocking at all.

Has this advice been heard?

:D