Should I let the Army know they just enlisted a psychopath?

AndroidVageta

Banned
Mar 22, 2008
Long story short. Looking for advice or some one that can help. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU NEED PERSONAL INFO! Thanks.

So know this guy who used to be my best friend (and I mean like a brother)...long and short of it is, I lived with this guy for a year, knew him better than anyone else, but he's completely nuts. Like, sociopath, scitzophrenic, bi-bolar, etc...something is SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH HIM.

So he joins the Army right? He joins the Army WITHOUT his WIFE of one year knowing. They have a son together. To me, and what he has done to some people I know, I seriously fear for the safety of others...especially that of the troops working by him.

Should I try calling the local recruiters office or something and let them know that he has major issues?

Last edited:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Private Pyle! What is your major malfuntion?

hartman.jpg

Last edited:

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I'd say there are a bunch of people with similar issues in the military and a lot of other professions where they have the opportunity to hurt someone. Hell there was a nurse who was caught euthanizing patients.

AndroidVageta

Banned
Mar 22, 2008
Yeah, like he has major major issues...it really is a concern to me and I feel like I should at least let them know...I mean, what is the worst that could happen?

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
If he's really crazy, he will get screened out. The D.I.'s did a good job of zeroing in on the crazies and making sure they got dropped.

Or it could be structure is whats needed to keep him sane.

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
They'll figure it out. And his platoon will know him better than you ever did throughout basic.

seepy83

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2003
Are you seriously asking an internet forum what you should do?

If you're that concerned, then tell someone.

End of thread.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
One of the best movies ever! :D

With out a doubt. I tried to get my wife to watch it recently...she doesn't understand what I was going on about.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you a peter puffer?
Cowboy: Sir, no sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

Or one of my other favorites...

Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?
Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.
Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?
Private Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.
Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Private Joker: No, sir.
Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant shit on you.
Private Joker: Yes, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.
Pogue Colonel: The what?
Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?
Private Joker: Our side, sir.
Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?
Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?
Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every beloved patriot there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.
Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy Jesus! What is that? What the fuck is that? WHAT IS THAT, PRIVATE PYLE?!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: A jelly doughnut?!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How did it get here?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I took it from the mess hall, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Is chow allowed in the barracks, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you allowed to eat jelly doughnuts, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: And why not, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, because I'm too heavy, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Because you are a disgusting fat body, Private Pyle!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Then why did you hide a jelly doughnut in your foot locker, Private Pyle?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, because I was hungry, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Because you were hungry?
[Sergeant Hartman starts to walk down the line of recruits, with the jelly doughnut still at hand.]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle has dishonored himself and dishonored the platoon! I have tried to help him, but I have failed! I have failed because you have not helped me! You people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever Private Pyle fucks up, I will not punish him, I will punish all of you! And the way I see it, ladies, you owe me for one jelly doughnut! Now, get on your faces!
[The other recruits get in front-leaning-rest position.]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [to Pyle] Open your mouth!
[He shoves the jelly doughnut into Pyle's mouth.]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: They're paying for it, you eat it!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Another good one.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: 0300. Infantry. Joker!
Private Joker: Sir, yes, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: 4212. Basic Military Journalism. You gotta be shittin' me, Joker. You think you're Mickey Spillane? You think you're some kind of a fuckin' writer?
Private Joker: Sir, I wrote for my high school newspaper, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Jesus H. Christ! You're not a writer. You're a killer!

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
The crazys get screened out during basic training. ... we had one guy loose it and end up in the psych ward.

There is two kinds of crazy though

There is controlled psychopath that knows what they are doing (like olds)
then there are the complete nutters that are not in control

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
OP, you say "psychopath" like it's a bad thing...

"And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

dum, dum, dum "You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant...exceptin Alice."

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com

"And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

dum, dum, dum "You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant...exceptin Alice."

haha this is a really good song. (Alice's Restaurant Massacree)

everyone knows this.
EverybodyKnowsThisIsNowhere.jpg

Jun 26, 2007
The crazys get screened out during basic training. ... we had one guy loose it and end up in the psych ward.

There is two kinds of crazy though

There is controlled psychopath that knows what they are doing (like olds)
then there are the complete nutters that are not in control

It surprises me that people actually believe this to be true to this day....

The short answer is no.

A psychopath never ends up in any psych ward, he's a smart feller, smarter than most or he wouldn't have wife and kids thinking he's an ok guy and everyone around him thinking he's a good man.

His deal is that he doesn't care, he has absolutely no regard for human life except that it might make him feel more powerful to take life, to torture, to bring pain and to fool people that he's actually sad about what he "had" to do.

He's not crazy per definition, he'll never let anyone know he's crazy and he'll always have an excuse for his actions that seems rational for everyone else. See he might not be able to feel the emotions, but he knows better than you or me how to fake them.

Last edited:

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004

Did your wind up in group W with the Mother rapers and Father stabers and Father rapers? And did you see the 8x10 glossy photographs with the arrows and the circles and the paragraphs explaining how they would be used a evidence against you?

And what ever you do, dont fuck with officer Obie!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Did your wind up in group W with the Mother rapers and Father stabers and Father rapers? And did you see the 8x10 glossy photographs with the arrows and the circles and the paragraphs explaining how they would be used a evidence against you?

And what ever you do, dont fuck with officer Obie!

No. I wasn't drafted...

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
It surprises me that people actually believe this to be true to this day....

The short answer is no.

A psychopath never ends up in any psych ward, he's a smart feller, smarter than most or he wouldn't have wife and kids thinking he's an ok guy and everyone around him thinking he's a good man.

His deal is that he doesn't care, he has absolutely no regard for human life except that it might make him feel more powerful to take life, to torture, to bring pain and to fool people that he's actually sad about what he "had" to do.

He's not crazy per definition, he'll never let anyone know he's crazy and he'll always have an excuse for his actions that seems rational for everyone else. See he might not be able to feel the emotions, but he knows better than you or me how to fake them.

So..... how does the OP know?