Should I keep all my tests/quizzes to give/sell to others?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I'm a sophomore in HS and I've noticed some of my friends have tests and quizzes from their older brothers and sisters who had the same teacher years before. Is it even worth it for me to keep them? My brother is 6 years younger than me so it's possible the teacher could have left by the time he gets there.

It'll just take me like 30 minutes to sort, but I'd have to keep track of them and what not.

Has anyone here benefited by previous HS tests/quizzes?

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Yes, I think it's a terrific idea to help students cheat. Please do it, PLEASE!!!
rolleye.gif

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: bradruth
Yes, I think it's a terrific idea to help students cheat. Please do it, PLEASE!!!
rolleye.gif

actually, if they're used the right way, you'll learn all the important stuff that shows up on the test, at least that's what it did for me and a friend on a few small quizzes

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
rolleye.gif

actually, if they're used the right way, you'll learn all the important stuff that shows up on the test, at least that's what it did for me and a friend on a few small quizzes

Actually, if you're any kind of student who actually wants to learn you'll listen in class and then (if necessary) study anything you don't know. Students who "learn" for the tests and forget after are the reason our country is lagging in education.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
In high school it does not matter since the school is a joke. Most college professors will make the previous exams and quizzes available to students.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
rolleye.gif

OMG I HAVE TO WRITE THIS DOWN> TRUELY< THE MOST FLAGRANT PIECE OF BS I HAVE EVER HEAR

<----rushes off to find a worthy BIC pen

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
In high school it does not matter since the school is a joke. Most college professors will make the previous exams and quizzes available to students.

You do realize that is a completely idiotic attitude.

IF youi want to go to college to learn how to take tests, get the Fvk away from me. I hate people like that. Unless you are talking a reguratative type major. My major deals with a LOT of math and physics, so "studying tests" doesn't mean Shat...or at least it has never helped me out, so I amight be a little bit biased.

<---reads the fing material and is gettting A's

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
AgaBooga,
This thread and question truly surprise me. This has to be a parody or test, i'm sure!

Explain to me what 'the right way' to use previous test are that don't equate to cheating. Reviewing older, similar tests (that most other students won't have) is cheating, in my book anywayz.
Thanks.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

IF youi want to go to college to learn how to take tests, get the Fvk away from me. I hate people like that.

How is looking at past tests cheating? It's not like the tests are the frigging same every year!

Hell our profs encourage us to look at previous exams to get an idea of how the current exam will be. Why? Cause our exams do not have the same type of problems as those found in problem sets. They are a few levels higher. Of course this is Comp/Elec engineering, so it could be different for other areas of study.

Looking at previous exams does help, a lot. Especially if you can't solve the problems (and usually you can't), because it tells you wat specific topic your not sure of, and forces you to think deeper about that topic, so you'll get a better understanding of it.

Ask MartyTheManiac, he'll back me up...as he's probably still recovering from our E&M midterm..heh...doing all the problem sets was useless for that midterm.

Btw, don't sell these tests/quizes. That's being very cheap. Just give them away. Who the hell sells their old quizzes?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Btw, don't sell these tests/quizes. That's being very cheap. Just give them away. Who the hell sells their old quizzes?
I've sold my notes for an addition $5 or so when I sell off old textbooks. The buyer usually takes 'em.

For me, past test/midterms/finals are a good way of discovering the approximate difficulty and manner of presentation questions will appear in - very valuable. Give them away.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

IF youi want to go to college to learn how to take tests, get the Fvk away from me. I hate people like that.

How is looking at past tests cheating? It's not like the tests are the frigging same every year!

Hell our profs encourage us to look at previous exams to get an idea of how the current exam will be. Why? Cause our exams do not have the same type of problems as those found in problem sets. They are a few levels higher. Of course this is Comp/Elec engineering, so it could be different for other areas of study.

Looking at previous exams does help, a lot. Especially if you can't solve the problems (and usually you can't), because it tells you wat specific topic your not sure of, and forces you to think deeper about that topic, so you'll get a better understanding of it.

Ask MartyTheManiac, he'll back me up...as he's probably still recovering from our E&M midterm..heh...doing all the problem sets was useless for that midterm.

Ah shucks man...now you made me look like a jerk:eek:

I just wanted to yell at him...I HAD found an excuse until you showed up:(

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

Ah shucks man...now you made me look like a jerk:eek:

I just wanted to yell at him...I HAD found an excuse until you showed up:(

The only excuse that you had was that you're an idiot
rolleye.gif

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: yllus
I've sold my notes for an addition $5 or so when I sell off old textbooks. The buyer usually takes 'em.

For me, past test/midterms/finals are a good way of discovering the approximate difficulty and manner of presentation questions will appear in - very valuable. Give them away.

heh...previous exams for us just tell us how bad we will fail...or give us false confidence cause the exams look so easy. :p

Goosemaster: I'm confused? Are you being sarcastic with me? Or is there some running joke between you and AgaBooga that I'm not aware of? I was being serious in my post. And why would you want to yell at some internet stranger (unless you knew him personally ofcourse)?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
heh...previous exams for us just tell us how bad we will fail...or give us false confidence cause the exams look so easy. :p
Reminds me of the time last year during finals that a girl I peripherally knew studied solely off old midterms and finals and somehow never got around to realizing the programming language for the course had moved from C++ (easy as fsck) to SmallTalk (oh god no!).

She fainted while taking it in the gymnasium we were in, and half the place freaked out. Reason? She was Asian, SARS was on everyone's mind and we were keyed up enough as it was. :p

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I think at least for high school I won't keep them since they aren't that important but I suppose after high school it's an option depending on the situation

THanks for the opinions guys!