Should I jump off a bridge?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Sadly computer science is a tough field these days. "computer people" aka IT and other computer related jobs are support people. We fall in the same category as kitchen staff, janitors, the guy that plows the parking lot every morning, etc... where do companies cut first? Usually support people.

Where you can strive though, is if you start your own business. Look at maybe getting into web hosting or web design for example. I'm seriously considering this myself as my current company is not very stable. The company revolves around getting IT contracts, and everybody is cutting down IT and cancelling their services so I don't expect the company I work for to be here very long. Sadly all the stuff I want to do is conflict of interest so it's a tough position to be in. If you have no job and have all the time in the world, do something with it!

Oh, and I've probably been trolled, but felt like posting this anyway as I may end up in a similar situation soon.

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003
Yes. You absolutely should jump off your balcony. Record yourself jumping and have someone post it on the internet. You will get a lot of hits.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
ManPushingManOffBuilding.jpg

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
In fact, not only should you jump off a bridge, the mods here should push you off.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Relax. Blizzard will release another WoW expansion next year.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Man, I am such a loser. Moreover, I think I may end up on the street. My sister has a degree in math and civil engineering, she was a B+ student and she can't even find a job. Because of that I feel really anxious as Hell. Thankfully, my other sister is a doctor. I hope I end up earning a decent salary somehow.

Wait for your sister to design and/or construct a bridge, and then jump off of that one.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
It depends. Is everyone else jumping off a bridge? If so, then social order dictates that you must too.

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
Go down to able body or labor ready or some temp labor place. Find out when they open and get there an hour early. If you're able bodied and young you have no excuse for not being able to find SOME kind of activity that will generate a modest yet livable trickle of income.

TL: DR stop being a lazy lovely human.