• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Should I get shipping insurance for this?

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I am RMAing an Antec PSU that I have and was planning on shipping USPS Priority Mail. Antec of course states many times that they are not responsible for damage incurred en route. Should I get shipping insurance or is it not really worth the trouble it would be if I had to use it anyway?

Thanks.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Ship UPS ground or FedEx ground...

they have real tracking and the first $100 of insurance is included in the shipping price.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
Well, ask yourself:
Is the Dollar or Two the insurance costs worth the risk of losing the cost of the PSU?

I usually insure everything worth fretting over! (~$50+)

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: jupiter57
Well, ask yourself:
Is the Dollar or Two the insurance costs worth the risk of losing the cost of the PSU?

I usually insure everything worth fretting over! (~$50+)
Yes, but if it does get damaged, what will USPS do? Give me cash? Some sort of credit? Is it worth the hassle of whatever would end up happening?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I would ... it costs very little & all you need to do to get reimbursed is prove the value of the insured item... UPS is the slowest payer by far IME though.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
You're packing it. If you're packing it well, then no. If you're doing a half-assed job... then yes.

ASK THE COMMUNITY