Should I get new rims for the van? With photoshopped "future" pic

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TekDemon

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2001
you gotta get at least 22's though and I dunno if those will fit on your van without mods.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: flot
No. But you SHOULD paint it like the A-team van.

I'm looking for another one to do that too. Not many of these things have survived in the panel van configuration, though. I might do it to a newer model.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: crab
No...make it faster first...I'd love to supercharge mine. Maybe you'll go so fast, you'll stretch those 15s into 20s! lol

Hmm, so you have $5k to spend on a supercharger to do what? Go from 20s in the 1/4 to 19? It will still handle like sh!t stop like sh!t and drive like a big lumbering vehicle. The only thing dumber than trying to make a fullsize van go faster would be putting 20" bling bling wheels on it. Duh.
rolleye.gif

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: TheToOTaLL
Drop the van and get some spinners!

I drive a 1987 GMC van. One spinner is DOUBLE the resale value of the entire vehicle. Oh, and there's no more room to lower it. Can't lower the body on the frame without hitting the engine, and I refuse to compromise the smoothass ride by shortening the suspension.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

I drive a 1987 GMC van. One spinner is DOUBLE the resale value of the entire vehicle. Oh, and there's no more room to lower it. Can't lower the body on the frame without hitting the engine, and I refuse to compromise the smoothass ride by shortening the suspension.

Bummer.

Then again, it's not too uncommon around here to see vehicles that cost less than their rims and tires. :Q

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I see an 'A-Team' paint job in your future...maybe even blacked out windows...but no rims.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003

Bummer.

Then again, it's not too uncommon around here to see vehicles that cost less than their rims and tires. :Q

Because they paid nothing for those rims and tires, if you know what I mean.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001

Bummer.

Because they paid nothing for those rims and tires, if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, I do :|