Should I get a Brother HL-1440 Laser Printer? 54 minutes to decide...

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
I was reading this college printer thread and some guy recommended this exact model. So when I went to Amazon to check my Gold Box, the first offer was that printer for $238.49 (Amazon's price is $264.99 Gold Box coupon is $26.50). Good deal or no?

I'm sorta strapped on cash also so this is going to be a big investment, and I'm also a college freshman this coming fall, but I'll be an electrical engineering major so I won't have to type as much as the poster of the thread above who's a poly-sci major.

Now 52 minutes to decide before Gold Box expires.

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
Not sure...I have an inkjet right now which consumes a lot of ink (Lexmark Z52) so I only print in grayscale and it's ugly as hell (for pictures, as for text, it's decent). Thinking about it, I guess I can do without a printer my first year in college or at least bring my inkjet (hopefully the other roommates won't leech since each paper is expensive to print). But if this printer is totally worth the price, then I migh buy it.

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
From Hot Deals -- Brother HL-1440 laser printer $199.99 at Officemax (valid thru 7/20). Price is 249.99 - $50 off $250 coupon.

Guess that answers my question..thanks :)

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
I got a laser in college, and it was a good call. Inkjets always run out of ink the night before a paper is due. I was going through ink to the tune of $50 a semester. The laser is a bigger up-front investment, but the price per page is great.

Ryan

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
If you read all the past Brother HL-1440 Hot Deals threads, everyone will agree that the Brother is THE best laser printer in it's class.

Get the Brother, you won't be sorry. I got mine for free from Office Depot 2.5 years ago and I'm still using the same toner/drum!