should i end my verizon contract and switch to sprint?

d94

Apr 18, 2005
hey guys! got a bit of a debate im trying to figure out

currently, im on a family plan with my parents

1400 minutes

im paying $10 for my extra line an another $10 for text messages and big $$$ for whatever internet i use.

i also happen to sell sprint/t-mobile/cingular

and as so, i qualify for a sprint employee plan which is:
-3000 minutes
-300 text messages
-$50 in download/month
-free mobile 2 mobile
-unlimited internet

all for $20 a month! and even after i quit my job i can still keep the plan (manager wont report i quit)

i also plan on moving out within the next year.

my mom says its a stupid move(she doesnt charge me the $20 my dad thinks im paying every month :beer: and that sprint sucks)
but as a seller of sprint i know they've impoved big time coverage wise and this would help me build up credit, splurge on talking if i ever wanted to (i use 4-600 min a month atm), and obviously get unlimited internet for free!

PS, i would either have to buy my phone outright (gettin a 700P) or sign up on a regular plan and switch it over to a dealer plan after 30 days, and sell the phone i got for uber cheap to basically cover my new phone!

so what do you guys think?

oh, and the reason im actually considering this is because i http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=423180&highlight=verizon"]can get out of paying cancelation fees[/URL]

allies

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Uh.... yeah definitely get it.

BTW, sprint doesn't suck, and IMO is better than verizon.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I don't think a cell phone will help you build credit... since cell phone service is not credit. You're not borrowing money. They just run a credit report to make sure they can trust you to pay them back. I think it'll hurt you if you have a late payment, but it won't help you if you don't.

amicold

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: mugs
I don't think a cell phone will help you build credit... since cell phone service is not credit. You're not borrowing money. They just run a credit report to make sure they can trust you to pay them back. I think it'll hurt you if you have a late payment, but it won't help you if you don't.

One of my siblings got her cellphone put in her name on her 18th, after three months of payments she got credit card offers. Idk if it's in the same league but it's a step in the right direction.