Should I do this? I really need some suggestions

j@cko

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2000
Well, I have a photography in high school. We have an art show which opened the past Sunday. Anyway, every one in the class suppose to submit 2 8 x 10" pictures mounted on matting boards. This show worth 20% of final marks. I didn't submit the pictures because there were NOT enough matting boards. The teacher is suppose to provide us with these materials, however there were some 5 x 7"s left. Therefore, some people did the 5 x 7".
And we did indeed handed in $50 at the begining of the semester for the material fees.
The teacher told me I lost that 20% cu'z I didn't have it hand it in. But I aruged that he suppose to have the MATERIAL ready. Plus, at the begining of the year, he already told us there will be an art show and would require 2 x 8x10"s. Therefore I think I still do have the chance to hand it in if he ever BUYS the material.
I was gonna bring this issue to the principal. However, I've missed quite a lot of class, the teacher has the right to kick me out of the class in which case I will lose the credit for that class and it will also show up in my transcript.
So, I thought it's not a so good idea to bring this to the principal. I know there's no chance I can get that 20%. But I am thinking to include a letter in my profoilo, which will be handed in at the end of the semester. Which letter would contains many of my arguement and how I thought to bring it to the principal and stuff like that. Oh, and this is his last year teach in the school, he will be working some where else next year. That's why I want to do this. Do you think it's a good idea to have that letter? Of course the letter will be a bit harsh in a way.

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Missing classes is no excuse for not being able to provide you with material YOU NEED to complete the class. Heck, if you paid $50 up front for materials in the class and its SUPPOSED to cover the cost of materials for the entire semester, then you should be getting the pieces you need to complete the course. If there isn't enough to go around and you get dinged for not turning in required work because your teacher didn't have enough materials, that's complete BS. I'd complain about it, argue it and see what you can do.

Sounds like the teacher had it in for you though -- it happens, get over it. If you want to complain, do it without cussing too much and causing a riot. Fight for your rights and don't let a teacher push you around.

vash

j@cko

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2000
If the teacher had it for me why would I be here and complain about it?
I think the teacher is the one who really is BSting. Today, he told me there were TWO more boards left. WHAT A JOKE! Cu'z another day Couple people were asking for the boards, including me! He said there were NONE, he also said first come first serve. That's why I am posting should I write the letter. Cu'z like I said, he should have all the materials but he doesn't! I think I am gonna do it.. no advices needed any more.