Should I disregard my initial cat breed preference and just get a kitten at the best price?

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
My first gut choice is main my excellent compatriot, but they are pricey so I've heard
HxfKNLw.jpg

Would my experience with a kitten and until it grows be based on randomized individual DNA and not based upon the characteristics tied to a cat "breed" ? Maine coons are thought to be friendlier than other breeds so I've read

If this is the case, I might get get the kitten at the lowest price which appeals to my standard of aesthetics

THis thread is for entertainment. Tbh I'll prob end up getting a Maine my excellent compatriot or Norwegian Forrest cat regardless of price. I don't have to maintain a car or house. I have very little subscriptions to anything, barely buy anything from Amazon these days. I think I can find the funds

Thoughts?

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
go rescue a cat from a shelter. there are 9345093845 of them for $50ea

No offense and it probably be the most ethical thing to do, but Im not interested in a pre-owned cat

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
yes dogs versus cats.. these animals need to be adopted regardless.

I'll do more research, I wont take adopting out of the equation. If I could adopt a kitten, that be awesome. I want to see something I raise grow

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I happen to know the approximate whereabouts of three cute kittens. If it were someone else, I could be persuaded to arrange an adoption.

Nov 20, 2009
I'll do more research, I wont take adopting out of the equation. If I could adopt a kitten, that be awesome. I want to see something I raise grow
There are lots of kittens waiting to be rescued. Acting like that is a slim opportunity is suggesting you haven't gone looking at all.

Reactions: mindless1
Feb 25, 2011
At our local shelter, adoption fees are dependent on how "desirable" a cat is. A kitten is like $200 and they're adopted in minutes. An adult might be $75, tops.

If I had to adopt a cat tomorrow, I'd be looking at 2-3yo minimum. Adult cats are way more chill. I've raised a few kitties now, and you have to childproof the house, they tear stuff up, and are constantly trying to establish a pecking order with the other cats.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You should spend time with your gerbil. Gerbils are very intelligent and affectionate creatures with reciprocal love that bonds the owner to the pet. Gerbils have truly deep feelings for their owner with a tight bond that is nearly unbreakable. They feel love more deeply than any other domesticated pet. Studies have shown that gerbils suffer deep depression when separated from their human counterpart.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You should spend time with your gerbil. Gerbils are very intelligent and affectionate creatures with reciprocal love that bonds the owner to the pet. Gerbils have truly deep feelings for their owner with a tight bond that is nearly unbreakable. They feel love more deeply than any other domesticated pet. Studies have shown that gerbils suffer deep depression when separated from their human counterpart.

So keep your gerbil in your ass at all times?

Reactions: NetWareHead

ASK THE COMMUNITY