Should I change my email program?

I'm currently using PuTTY to SSH into my school IMAP account (using Pine), but it's not very friendly and attachments are a nightmare. I'm thinking about using Outlook XP (Office XP for $45 academic price rocks!) for email, but one thing I do like about Pine is that I can set it to check for new mail every 20 seconds, and it's simple, and it's all server-sided, so the only thing running on my machine is PuTTY.

Are there any simple, efficient, UNBLOATED email clients out there that will function much as Pine does, but have a graphical interface and are easier to use and configure? My school supports Mulberry, but I find it bloated, slow and unintuitive.

So far, my options are Outlook Express and Outlook, but why use Outlook Express when you can use Outlook, right?

Thanks.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
I'd go w/ Outlook 2002 jumpr, it's very feature rich :)

I just tried it - it sucks working with IMAP. I think I'm gonna stick with PuTTY this time.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
I use Eudora.

I'm stull using Eudora Pro 3.0.5. (C)1991-1997. :p

It has all my mail, all the way back to when I got my first ISP.

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:16:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Welcome message

Greetings,

Welcom to Pacifier! We are happy to have you as a customer and will do
everything we can to help you succesfully use and enjoy the Internet.

:Q

McMadman

Mar 25, 2000
I've been using pegasus 3.12c for awhile, its a bit limited in html funcionality, but I'm using an older version (current is 4.02)
it appears to support IMAP
I can't speak for the newer version, but I assume it's also ad free, and the program is free (you pay for manuals/support from the company)
link

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
outlook 2003 is awsome. Junk mail filtered.

should be out soon.

I'm using beta 2 and it's pretty good