Should Hillary's White House papers be released for public review?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Then lets see their IRS records.... unless they have something to hide? I think it should be a requirement of running for POTUS myself.
I'd have no problem with full disclosure across the board, as long as their civil rights to privacy are adhered to. Are the IRS filings of elected officials considered public records?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Looks like the people asking for Hillary's records are Clinton haters whose minds wouldn't be changed by anything. So I don't see a particular reason to release them anyways.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp
She is not claiming they would or wouldn't. You are, but you have no evidence either way.
Those records are irrelevant. What's relevant is what came out of those internal discussions, not what the discussions themselves. And that record is there for everyone to see.

I'm sure you feel the same way about Cheney's Energy Task Force...right?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
I dont know if this is deemed classified. But Hillary was on Bills council prior to his testimony regarding Monica Lewinsky. What I am curious about is if she was part of the group that told him he could get away with lying. Or if Bill came up with that all on his own.

Bill said it best. "I did it...because I could."

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Her accomplishments are already in public record. SCHIP, for example.
What you want to see are internal memos.

Seriouis question: How does she claim credit for SCHIP?

It was passed in '97 by a Repub controlled Controlled while she was First Lady and Bill was battling bimbo eruptions.

I have a hard accepting taht she gets any credit for that unless it confirmed in public records. Doesn't seem like given her partisan nature that she, as an unelected First Lady to a Pres under siege, would be working with Congress and having any input.

Otherwise: REPEAT - NOT A FISHING EXPEDITION. She can cherry pick from her WH records to prove her campaign boasts. Totally different from an investigation.

Fern

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Looks like the people asking for Hillary's records are Clinton haters whose minds wouldn't be changed by anything. So I don't see a particular reason to release them anyways.

Jeebus you're dense.

This thread is asking the question as to whether we believe (i.e., in our opinion) she, as a candidate, should release records to back up her claims. It really is that fscking simple.

It doesn't require that we be HRC potential supporters or anything else. Just an opinion about campaign claims.

As a matter of common sense/practice, most all people request proof of someone elses claims, whether it's campaign claims or dating a hot babe (TTIWWP etc).

Fern

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Well then, I guess 79% of the voters in this poll just hate Billary, eh? It must be that simple, right? Otherwise, you'd actually have to THINK about the issue to form some sort of rebuttal, and that's way too much to ask!

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Count me out of that group. I'm a lib who believes Hillary should be held to the same standard of openness I would and DO demand of the Bushwhackos. If she wants to be President, she should give voters the information to make an informed choice.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey

Count me out of that group. I'm a lib who believes Hillary should be held to the same standard of openness I would and DO demand of the Bushwhackos. If she wants to be President, she should give voters the information to make an informed choice.

:thumbsup:

Although we disagree on just about everything, at least you're consistent.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: Harvey

:thumbsup:

Although we disagree on just about everything, at least you're consistent.

Thanks. I'll be more appreciative when you post that you favor the Bushies turning over all the documents they've been fighting to hide from Congress and the courts.