Discussion Should Elon Musk buy the Los Angeles Chargers and build Tesla Stadium?

Should Musk buy the Chargers?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Undecided / Maybe / Etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I was thinking the other day that since Musk has been selling shares of Tesla he should have ample funds to buy an NFL team. He could then build "Tesla" stadium somewhere.

Then I was thinking it would be apropos for him to purchase a team worthy to be home to Tesla Stadium - The Chargers!

Finally, if he were interested in moving his team I was thinking the most appropriate locations would be:

AC - Atlantic City

or

DC - Washington, DC

Do you think he should do any of these things?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Doesn't the mighty Elon live in Texas now? He should buy a team there.. or not. He seems busy enough with other projects. Finish the damn Cybertruck already!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
and hire ponyo as the GM

He'll put out a memo that anyone on the staff or in the front office making less than 100K is one of the 'poors' and will never get ahead because of their loser and entitled mentality. Morale will go through the roof.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Doesn't the mighty Elon live in Texas now? He should buy a team there.. or not. He seems busy enough with other projects. Finish the damn Cybertruck already!

He's reportedly crashing in a friend's west Austin mansion on the water while he looks for a house. Given how often he's spotted here his claim he's living in Boca Chica is definitely bullshit. Or I should say as real as 2022 cybertruck deliveries.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
This is something more Jeff Bezos would do. Elon Musk is not really into sports or exercise/fitness in general.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I think he should launch his plan to colonize Mars, move there and stay there.

Team or no team.
That would be the optimal scenario. That means Starship program was a success. Elon would be happy. I would be happy. You would be happy.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
That would be the optimal scenario. That means Starship program was a success. Elon would be happy. I would be happy. You would be happy.

I am completely confident if he does move to Mars that he will likely have a sports team of some sort. Can you image the prestige of being the first "off worlder" to own a franchise?

Wow!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
He'll put out a memo that anyone on the staff or in the front office making less than 100K is one of the 'poors' and will never get ahead because of their loser and entitled mentality. Morale will go through the roof.

Also, free Cybertrucks for everyone on the team! *

* Estimated availability: 2027

Reactions: FelixDeCat

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Elon could always buy all of Washington, and rename it to Washington AC. Then the full name would be Washington AC DC.

As a total side note... Elon should run for office. He has the money for it.
Why be a president or leader of a country when you can be a leader of a planet? Elon wants to be emperor of Mars. Planet will have its own laws, currency, and military.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Why be a president or leader of a country when you can be a leader of a planet? Elon wants to be emperor of Mars. Planet will have its own laws, currency, and military.
Shouldn't be too hard to mutiny or assassinate over there.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Yeah.... no amendments needed there... he gets to create the Martian Constitution from scratch.

He should probably bring back polygamy... he seems like the kind of guy who would like that.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Yeah.... no amendments needed there... he gets to create the Martian Constitution from scratch.

He should probably bring back polygamy... he seems like the kind of guy who would like that.
Doge coin as the currency of Mars. TeslaBots as the workforce. Boring Company tunnels for travel and possible living. Cybertruck for transportation. SpaceX Starship for transport and exploration. Starlink for internet.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Doge coin as the currency of Mars. TeslaBots as the workforce. Boring Company tunnels for travel and possible living. Cybertruck for transportation. SpaceX Starship for transport and exploration. Starlink for internet.
What will he use to deposit his semen?