Should drivers of SUVs be forced to get a new license?

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Well, in CA, we have "Class C" which means you can drive a car. "Class M" means you can drive a motorcycle. Another class (forgot which one) means that you can drive both. So should we have one for SUVs?

Aug 26, 2004
they're not really that much different from driving a car...a motorcycle is quite different so i understand why you have to have a seperate endorsement...but then again...all the jerk off soccor moms that cant drive that suv worth a fvck kinda makes me lean towards yes, lol

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
I think people who drive hybrids should have to get a separate license.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Sluggo
The SUV haters need to get a license to drive a WAHHHHHbulance.

I'm not an SUV hater.

I just hate how some people just don't know how to drive them.

They don't realize that an SUV is not like a regular car . . .

Aug 26, 2004

i don't hate SUVs...i hate people who can't drive them

EDIT: heh, we're on the same wavelength amol :D

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: CheapArse
Why, my driving skills are far better than some people who have been driving for 2 decades in sedans....

yeah but some poeple's driving skills are also worse than student drivers

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: quakefiend420
Why, my driving skills are far better than some people who have been driving for 2 decades in sedans....

exactly, so why should I have to get a new license b/c I drive a SUV?

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001

i don't hate SUVs...i hate people who can't drive them

EDIT: heh, we're on the same wavelength amol :D

:Q whoa . . . that's so WEIRD

:p

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
I voted yes, but I think in general it should be more difficult to get a driver's license, and you should have to take a test every year to renew it.

Aug 26, 2004

for the greater good?

as long as your driving skills are up to par, why would it be a big deal to take a quick 20 minute test?

as long as they don't charge you to add the endorsement...but then again...on that same token...i know how to drive a motorcycle...why should i have to get a new license just because i want to drive one?

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005

Yeah that is what the b!tch said that just put a nice dent in my Zs fenderwell after I told her she shouldn't be allowed to drive her Navigator. Now I have to cut it out. Oh well time for flares anyway I guess.

Dec 4, 2002

for the greater good?

as long as your driving skills are up to par, why would it be a big deal to take a quick 20 minute test?

as long as they don't charge you to add the endorsement...but then again...on that same token...i know how to drive a motorcycle...why should i have to get a new license just because i want to drive one?

We've already established that driving a car/truck is different from driving a motorcycle so that argument is irrelavent. I don't have a problem with have everyone retake the test every X many years...but why should SUV drivers only do it?

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
I voted yes, but I think in general it should be more difficult to get a driver's license, and you should have to take a test every year to renew it.

WHAT?!?! I would think something like 4 years . . .

AZ has is so that your license is good until you're 60 or something

My sister has college friends from AZ whose licenses say expires in 2045

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe

Yeah that is what the b!tch said that just put a nice dent in my Zs fenderwell after I told her she shouldn't be allowed to drive her Navigator. Now I have to cut it out. Oh well time for flares anyway I guess.

Well, you drive a Z and you got hit by a woman driver...no sympathy from me, sorry.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Amol
Originally posted by: Jeff7181

WHAT?!?! I would think something like 4 years . . .

AZ has is so that your license is good until you're 60 or something

My sister has college friends from AZ whose licenses say expires in 2045

Yes... every year... renew it with your plates.

Aug 26, 2004

for the greater good?

We've already established that driving a car/truck is different from driving a motorcycle so that argument is irrelavent. I don't have a problem with have everyone retake the test every X many years...but why should SUV drivers only do it?

yes, i was the one who established it...but also a SUV is different from a car...and noone ever said only SUV drivers would have to retake the test every X years...maybe a mandatory retake of the test when your current dl expires...with a few extra sections added if your primary vehicle is going to be a SUV...or if you need to be able to drive a SUV you take the extra sections when you renew...just like getting a motorcycle endorsement

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: QuitBanningMe

Well, you drive a Z and you got hit by a woman driver...no sympathy from me, sorry.

HEY...i drive a Z damnit :p