Should Donald Trump be locked up?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Should Trump be locked up for his own good?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I will be honest when I say -- YES it does suggest something else....but voting him out would also be a solution!
You know what is ironic?? I can just hear him now -- well all you never Trumpers voted me out, but I am in no way responsible for this pandemic!! We handled it perfectly!!

Dec 10, 2005
The Republican Party stands by Trump.
The American people elected him 4 years ago.
If you want something to change, get out the vote!
The American people didn't elect him. An antiquated system that was created to protect the power of people that wanted to own people which now gives power disproportionately to empty states, and also did not ever work as it was conceived elected him.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
The American people didn't elect him. An antiquated system that was created to protect the power of people that wanted to own people which now gives power disproportionately to empty states, and also did not ever work as it was conceived elected him.

Trump voters have ownership over all that has transpired since electing him. They have blood on their hands.

Reactions: Brainonska511

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Hannity is a neocon. Still, depending on the date this aired, it could have been true.

It probably was true at the time, but that's missing the point of how infectious diseases and epidemics work. And how expenential growth works. You need to take action _before_ large numbers of people start to die.

Jul 9, 2009
You mean the Constitution? Damn the rule of law in this country! Is there any way an angry mob can get the results it demands by hook, crook, force or violence?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think Trump should be locked up, yes, although not for his own good.

There is voluminous evidence that he has committed multiple felonies, and I bet we could secure a conviction against him on several counts. So yes, he should be locked up just like any other felon.

Jul 9, 2009
Trump voters have ownership over all that has transpired since electing him. They have blood on their hands.
I just started a pot roast in the oven. I have blood on my hands!! (sob) Along with some pepper , mirepoix and other spices.

It's a good thing i have soap and water and it's just as relevant as the political accusations.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
SDNY, the Dem led House, real patriots like those that risked their careers by truthfully and factually testifying in the Trump impeachment hearings and the voting public who don't buy into the bullshit RNC propaganda that's being broadcast by FOX will hopefully give Trump the extended vacay he deserves in one of our very fine Correctional Camps that the very wealthy luxuriate themselves in.

Exclusive privileges that the very wealthy take for granted in the private sector don't by default follow along with them when they seek and acquire public office as Trump and his gaggle of very wealthy appointed lackeys have found out the hard way. If guilt by association was a ticket to the hoosegow every one of Trump's appointments including those corrupted jerkoffs in the SCOTUS will hopefully follow Trump's lead into confinement let alone those criminal associates of his that are already waiting for him to join them.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Sure. He's guilty of criminal statutes like campaign finance violations and obstruction of justice. I believe there are also tax fraud and other related fraud charges in NY? I mean this is where you're at, your sitting President is a criminal, and committed crimes before, and in, office.

Vote him out in November and he can't hide behind the statute of limitations. Arrest, convict and let him spend the rest of his life in prison like he deserves. Trump needs to be made an absolute pariah of after he is tossed out. Would be one of the best ways to de-radicalize the fanatics that support him no matter what. Help them retract their heads from being buried so far up their asses that they can see their stomach contents.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You mean the Constitution? Damn the rule of law in this country! Is there any way an angry mob can get the results it demands by hook, crook, force or violence?
whether you like it or not doesn`t matter!! Trump was not elected by the american people!! He did not garner a majority of the votes! He won the electoral college!, which is vastly different!!
I thought we agreed that you would quarantine yourself from the Goofy virus??

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ah yes, Trump's crimes...his most egregious one, beating Hillary Clinton. The left will be kicking and screaming as long as they can't elect a leftist as their president, no matter who. Its a fact that leftists are far unhappier in life than conservatives. I've always had my own opinions on why that may be. I see the SJWs and all their mental gymnastics they have to go through to deal with all the social constructs their ideology concocts and promotes. I see that some have an avocation for it, ever driving to find racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and all the other things they go out of their way to seek out, so they may scream from the roof tops "I told you so!". The left has an exorbitant amount of inherent fear. Fear is absolutely one of the most destructive things a person carries. Stay angry, my friends, or find a better way. :)
Some of this confirms what I was thinking

This also explains how I could never be a liberal. My brain just won't work in such a negative way. :p

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Ah yes, Trump's crimes...his most egregious one, beating Hillary Clinton. The left will be kicking and screaming as long as they can't elect a leftist as their president, no matter who. Its a fact that leftists are far unhappier in life than conservatives. I've always had my own opinions on why that may be. I see the SJWs and all their mental gymnastics they have to go through to deal with all the social constructs their ideology concocts and promotes. I see that some have an avocation for it, ever driving to find racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and all the other things they go out of their way to seek out, so they may scream from the roof tops "I told you so!". The left has an exorbitant amount of inherent fear. Fear is absolutely one of the most destructive things a person carries.

why dont you comment in the covid threads? Do you worry trumps incompetence might mean your death?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Ah yes, Trump's crimes...his most egregious one, beating Hillary Clinton. The left will be kicking and screaming as long as they can't elect a leftist as their president, no matter who. Its a fact that leftists are far unhappier in life than conservatives. I've always had my own opinions on why that may be. I see the SJWs and all their mental gymnastics they have to go through to deal with all the social constructs their ideology concocts and promotes. I see that some have an avocation for it, ever driving to find racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and all the other things they go out of their way to seek out, so they may scream from the roof tops "I told you so!". The left has an exorbitant amount of inherent fear. Fear is absolutely one of the most destructive things a person carries.
Your a master of deflection.....

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

From the article you linked:
But unhappy liberals generally believe they are unhappy because they have been persecuted
This is the primary response given by unhappy leftist women, blacks, Latinos, and gays

There is no driving while white.
Men get paid more than women for the same job.
Legislation routinely punishes women for pregnancy or trying to receive reproductive health services.
Black men are shot with few questions. White mass shooters get taken into custody.
The president said a judge of Mexican descent was not fit to be a judge because of this fact.
The president said Mexico was sending rapists across the border without evidence and despite the fact that immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than the native population
LGBTQ people have higher homicide and suicide rates per capita. Legislative action has been taken against them to "protect the institution of marriage". The president banned gay people from serving in the military.

But the author is totally right, it's all made up. Liberals are just whiny victims who can't get over Hillary's loss, even though conservatives are largely the ones bringing it up (just as you did now)

Reactions: hal2kilo

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
It might if I were a person that lived in fear. Fear and Faith don't coexist in my life. ;)

By definition, you are very fearful. You drive policy based on your fears. It's interesting your brain has short-circuited a real threat.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
By definition, you are very fearful. You drive policy based on your fears. It's interesting your brain has short-circuited a real threat.

Hey, man. He posted an OP by whackaloon Dennis Prager. Checkmate, lib. lol.

Jul 9, 2009
whether you like it or not doesn`t matter!! Trump was not elected by the american people!! He did not garner a majority of the votes! He won the electoral college!, which is vastly different!!
It doesn't matter? What the law and the Constitution clearly state doesn't matter? If you don't like them, change them. Change them lawfully.

Reactions: Thunder 57

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007

I am so tired of hearing about silencing dissent because of the "Goofy Virus". But that's all you want to do though, right, is to silent those that disagree with you? I can't tolerate anyone who wants one party control. Look at China. That system suppressed anything to make them look bad and now the whole world is dealing with a virus that should never have gotten out of this control.

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Ah yes, Trump's crimes...his most egregious one, beating Hillary Clinton. The left will be kicking and screaming as long as they can't elect a leftist as their president, no matter who. Its a fact that leftists are far unhappier in life than conservatives. I've always had my own opinions on why that may be. I see the SJWs and all their mental gymnastics they have to go through to deal with all the social constructs their ideology concocts and promotes. I see that some have an avocation for it, ever driving to find racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and all the other things they go out of their way to seek out, so they may scream from the roof tops "I told you so!". The left has an exorbitant amount of inherent fear. Fear is absolutely one of the most destructive things a person carries. Stay angry, my friends, or find a better way. :)

This also explains how I could never be a liberal. My brain just won't work in such a negative way. :p

You may not be a liberal but neither can you be a proper citizen because you support criminality in office and lack of accountability. Trump broke the law and the GOP held him blameless and Barr prevents accountability.

A perfect and model Russian perhaps, but not a US citizen. I have facts. You have a diatribe.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
With an election. It's the only way.

At this time I have to agree because the impeachment process fail us. Trump cannot be removed or even sanctioned. At least he was impeached, so there's no getting out of that.

SHOULD he be imprisoned? Yes, because anyone else would be subject to the rule of law and there is only a memo and no Constitutional provision for immunity.

But we are post-republic as the majority party does as it wills.

It is easy to see Trump using the coronavirus as a means of preventing elections and retaining power until the virus is gone, a perpetual War on Coronavirus, but I expect that The Man in the Tower will face unpleasantness I shall refrain from expanding on.