Should Biden agree to debate Trump?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
It’s called freewill. Apathy is a reflection of candidate quality.

Any other election in my life this is correct. Coming election it is a retarded choice to say well I don’t like Biden and I don’t like the Orange Criminal, so I’ll skip voting.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Any other election in my life this is correct. Coming election it is a retarded choice to say well I don’t like Biden and I don’t like the Orange Criminal, so I’ll skip voting.
Candidate quality is a matter of perception. Take mine, for example: Biden will prove to be enormously capable. That, naturally, is a snap for me to see because I can no longer be brainwashed, having thrown all of my sacred cows in the trash and thus indifferent to propaganda. Trust me on this because whether I am right or wrong makes not the slightest difference to me. :)

Reactions: Muse

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
There is a lot of emotion fueling this election, and with emotion comes irrational behavior. Biden has to unify a broad coalition of single issue voters, and there is already friction between his inner circle who have done well for themselves through the system and those who want to tear that system down.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There is a lot of emotion fueling this election, and with emotion comes irrational behavior. Biden has to unify a broad coalition of single issue voters, and there is already friction between his inner circle who have done well for themselves through the system and those who want to tear that system down.

You're talking about the irrationality of 2016 as if it just switched sides? Really? Biden doesn't have to unify Democrats. We're already that. Bernie got behind him & so has everybody else that Dems care about. Trolling progressives won't work. "She's gonna win anyway" won't play, either. The only irrationality left is with Trump supporters' undying love of God's instrument on earth.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
It’s called freewill. Apathy is a reflection of candidate quality.

Reflection of candidate quality? That sounds like a cop out phrase. This is the closest we have gotten to a possible authoritarian President and you’re talking about apathy and candidate quality. If you ran against this fool I would vote for you regardless of your quality as electing this guy to another four years is saying I no longer want a democracy.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Bad Trump" is not enough
Have you replied in this thread?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Reflection of candidate quality? That sounds like a cop out phrase. This is the closest we have gotten to a possible authoritarian President and you’re talking about apathy and candidate quality. If you ran against this fool I would vote for you regardless of your quality as electing this guy to another four years is saying I no longer want a democracy.
It was readily apparent who Trump was in 2016 and yet he still managed to win. “Not Trump” is not enough.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I find that so amusing. Literally complaining about hair smelling as a presidential dis-qualifier. Meanwhile the other guy has 25 credible victims of sexual misconduct/abuse and rape lined up against him, which he threatens to sue and calls liars of course. Now tell me in your personal life how many friends/associates you have that have been accused of sexual assault, and how you continue to defend them. Most normal people would think that's a good enough reason to end that friendship or association, because it's not fucking normal.

I see you don't understand humor.

I never said it was a presidential dis-qualifier. I never thought much of the accusations of Joe being a groper. He is a little touching when it was brought to light. Nothing to get twisted p@nties about.

The image above was funny.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Joe will bite off Trumps balls and spit them into the GOP section. End of story.
Joe Biden has to wear a name tag every time he looks in the mirror so he doesn't forget who is staring at him.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
I want a debate

it's very likely there won't be any crowd, so the focus will be completely on what is being asked and how it's being answered

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I think a debate would be useful if the person presenting/managing it plays hardball with the candidates. Question avoidance needs to be called out, as does word salad.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I want a debate

it's very likely there won't be any crowd, so the focus will be completely on what is being asked and how it's being answered

Yes, but not what the answer is.

In this particular election, the debate will be less meaningful than even the 2016's meaningless debates. Trump has no policy or plans to talk about, he has big words but no actual plan. Almost anything that was done Since he was elected would have been done by damn near any other R, I say almost because I doubt other R's would have started a trade war with China or cozied up to dictators like Putin or Jong-un so much.

This election will go right back to a handful of swing states, as the EC dictates. The narrow margin Trump won by last time was created by a myriad of lies and deceitful propaganda. But almost 4 years for people to realize who Trump really was and still is should be enough time for people to decide. If they're going to vote for him at this point, it's my opinion a debate won't change their minds.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Seeing things from more than one side is not a bad thing.
Not in this case. I think most of us here are willing to admit our single focus of getting Trumpity Dumpity OUT far outweighs accepting the not so ideal candidate.

But it’s the Bernie Bros that need to ask themselves, willing to accept the worst option just because you don’t agree with policies of the otter option?

Reactions: cytg111

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I do love how damned concerned all the little righties have suddenly become about the Dem candidate. Sorta “out of nowhere” just like in 2016. All this faux concern.

This time about Biden’s mental acuity.

Let me ask...do y’all think this shit will stick? Sure looks like y’all hope it does. But it won’t. Why? What it being compared to? Biden’s not the guy telling people to drink bleach.

So, keep up the concern. Biden’s comparison, the only comparison that exists, is Trump. And Trump’s batshit crazy.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
You have to keep reminding people, there are only two choices. Then as usual you have to vote for which of those two you will think does a better job managing the country and representing your values. This election there really is no other choice unless you're a moron that thinks that voting third party or not voting is somehow a way to rebel.