Shots Fired After Mansfield Man Passes Gas!

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
http://www.wetmtv.com/news/loc...49e2-837c-3bbb07f3f7df

SOUTHPORT - Flatulence is blamed for a Sunday night shooting at a Southport business.

William Hoover, 32, pulled out a semi-automatic rifle at Wheeler's Beverage Barn and shot at three people who teased him about passing gas, a Chemung County sheriff's investigator said.

The incident began inside the store after 6 p.m., where Hoover got into an argument with the three people who teased him about his flatulence, deputies said.

When the argument moved outside and turned physical, Hoover ran to his car, pulled out a semi-automatic rifle, and shot at the three people, deputies said.

Nobody was hurt, and Hoover, of Mansfield, Pennsylvania, was arrested Monday and charged with attempted assault.

Employees at Wheeler's Beverage Store would not comment on the incident, and the victims asked not to be identified due to fears of retaliation.

video on the website.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
You'd think that shooting at people with a rifle might warrant something a tad more substantial than "attempted assault."

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jeeebus
You'd think that shooting at people with a rifle might warrant something a tad more substantial than "attempted assault."
Yeah, no sh!t. Shouldn't it at least be assault with a deadly weapon?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
Yo dawg you be getting all up in grizzay due to my poopay maaaaang?!!

Translated for white people: "I say good sir, you seem to be put in a tizzy by my rectal secretions."

NuroMancer

Golden Member
Nov 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Eli
Originally posted by: Jeeebus
Yeah, no sh!t. Shouldn't it at least be assault with a deadly weapon?

Attempted Murder?

If you pull out a gun, and aim it at people in anger, and then pull the trigger. I dinno about you but thats attempted murder in my books.

Just because you can't aim because of the ordor....

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Analog... Are you living in the WETM viewing area? I'm from Horseheads and currently living in Wellsboro...

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Pastore
Analog... Are you living in the WETM viewing area? I'm from Horseheads and currently living in Wellsboro...

No, it was just interesting.

dude8604

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2001
"...and the victims asked not to be identified due to fears of retaliation."

Does anyone else find this funny? Obviously they didn't mean it like that. But it seems like he could probably could fart back in retalliation.