-- Shortys official Nostalgia Thread --

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
] NOTE TO ANANDTECH MEMBERS [

If you wanna complain about ANYTHING, take it somewhere else. You literally have 790,800 threads for that. This is not one of them.

(P.S. as an angry 90's teen I don't have nostalgia for much, but I do appreciate a handful of things from my youth, like some videos games and movies and books and televisual shows)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Looking through the Sears Christmas Catalog with my brothers.

Summer vacation.

My mom baking each child's favorite cake for his/her birthday.

Reactions: Kaido

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
] NOTE TO ANANDTECH MEMBERS [

health-beauty-doctor-therapy-therapist-lead_with_your_chin-chins-epa0878_low.jpg

;)

Last edited:

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

so many good games!

descent, warcraft, simcity 2000, transport tycoon and destruction derby 2 were probably my most-played games on that list

it is missing the whole commander keen series though, as well as LHX attack chopper and MS flight sim 5

edit: oh, and red baron! and shadow of yserbius/fates of twinion... the first MMORPGs

AND betrayal at krondor, an RPG which is in my top 5 games of all time

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004

I used to stay up until like 3am playing this all the time. I was on a shitty dial up modem connection that couldn't do better than 28.8 so the hitscanners were pretty trash for me. But UT's best weapons aren't hitscanners so it wasn't a big deal. I loved using the shock rifle tertiary fire to telefrag people as they came over the hump or blow up redeemer missiles in this map. Or camping the flag room with the rocket launcher constantly loading up the multiple shots. It was also kind of funny to fly the redeemer underneath the map and blow up all the idiots sniping in the back.

Reactions: Captante

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Right, so I'm going to talk about my favorite multiplayer game, Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Not enemy territory, that is an really good game too since it is based on on RtCW multiplayer but most of the stuff it adds actually made the game worse. The multiplayer was so good that adding dumb shit like ammo racks couldn't ruin things.

I loved being a medic in this game. Sprinting around sticking giant syringes into dudes writhing around on the ground while an air strike was coming in and then zipping under cover at the last second never got old. Drove me nuts when a custom server had limited syringes. Tossing med packs in front of me as I fell back under fire was so cheese but I couldn't help but laugh when it worked. Sneaking into the objective as an engineer and clutch defusing the dynamite only to be shot in the head half a second afterward..."Dynamite defused."