Short But Shocking Israeli Video

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Let me say right up front that I support the right of the state of Israel to exist, but that hard line Israeli expansionists have been allowed too much free reign to continue to expand their illegal settlements, and that this is simply not tenable nor excusable ongoing.

Short vid I first came to.

Two minute longer vid of same incident providing more context.

Initial story I came upon.

Source link.

It is endlessly sad to me that the government of Israel finds itself in the position of being the occupier/"oppressor" of another peoples.

I understand the very, very real security concerns Israel has. There is an active group of Arabs who would like to push all the Jews into the sea.

But between the violent Arab "rejectionists" and the Israeli settler "expansionists" lies the majority of the populace on both sides.

Israel is the more "mature" polity. They must take the lead in finding a solution, and it will take great political courage and vision to do so.

Two peoples. One land. No peace. Neither side can realistically exterminate the other, so there is no other way to sanity but to find some "fair" way forward.

In the meantime, regrettable incidents like this mean that Israel is losing in the court of world public opinion. Say what you will, but this is not a viable position for them forever.

:(

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
buffypopcorn.gif

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
These type of incidents are just roses, war is never civil or right. There is no "maturity" or "vision" to find here, Israelis do what they want, Palestinians do what they can.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Protests in the backdrop of a war torn land where both sides continue to kill each other. Not a smart idea. It's easy to know why a solider gets out of line and uses excessive force when he likely has friends, family, or colleagues who've been injured or killed in the violence.

Then you've got foreigners streaming in from across the world to protest / attack Israel in favor of their enemy. It's a volatile situation not becomming of peaceful protests.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
From my understand, not even the Israelis could accept their soldier's actions. As they have basically kicked him out of the IDF. Pretending he is just a lone Israeli nut rare and atypical. But in a larger sense, Anti Israel peace types in large numbers were gathering to non-violently demonstrate against Israeli government policy. As Israel, in somewhat of a full court press was even forcing the world's air lines to deny their passage. As only a fraction of the planned number got through to be met with Israeli violence.

But hopefully, IMHO, non violent protests ala Gandhi, may finally make some progress in obtaining a just and fair mid-east settlement.

Beats violence any day.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Funny, just finished watching Kingdom of Heaven. At the end credits, you read the line "Nearly a thousand years later, peace in the KoH remains elusive". Just a movie, but accurate and fitting. Those people will never get anywhere. Neither side will genuinely concede anything to the other. Religion is quite blinding to fanatics.

I find it hard to give a shit about it, though.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Peace just isn't going to happen, not any time soon anyway. I recommend Spielberg's film "Munich" - which graphically makes the point that both sides are in a cycle of retaliatory violence that is nigh impossible to end.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Well, the Israeli IDF soldier who hit the unarmed Danish bicycle rider has explained his position.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...beating-activist-in-front-of-cameras-1.424919

And oh wow, trying to garner sympathy, explains how he injured his little pinkie finger when striking the head a non violent protester. What hard heads them Danes have.

Meanwhile back in Israel, some extremists are nominating the fellow for a medal.

Is this any different than the video of an Ohio cop saying he should kill a person he pulled over who was carrying a licensed concealed firearm, and anti-gun people saying the cop was justified?

If you can paint all Israelis based on this incident, all cops are scumbags too. The whole lot of them.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Is this any different than the video of an Ohio cop saying he should kill a person he pulled over who was carrying a licensed concealed firearm, and anti-gun people saying the cop was justified?

If you can paint all Israelis based on this incident, all cops are scumbags too. The whole lot of them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wrong song RappantAndroid, I am pointing to a specific incident, as I am also on forum record as saying a large MINORITY of Israelis are far more reasonable.

But in the other sense you are correct, human greed and pigheadedness is not unique to only Israel.

But I am puzzled RA why you bother to make that argument, just because human stupidity is all too prevalent worldwide, why should it somehow only justify the purely Israeli variety?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
The whole "illegal settlements" premise right off the bat has issues and I'm sure those moving there feel it's theirs as mandate for Palestine called for judea and samaria to be incorporated into "jewish national home" - that may account for the brutality of hostile invaders/protestors.

All depends on POV.

Last edited:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i am shocked someone has the guts to criticize Israel; isn't that a capital crime, in the US?

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
i am shocked someone has the guts to criticize Israel; isn't that a capital crime, in the US?

No, hating Israel is actually a necessary position to be part of leftist circle jerks in America. Politician positions however are something different due to money and the industries Jewish people control.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol from that article:
Eisner, who was suspended from duties following the incident, said that "it could have been a professional mistake to use a weapon in front of the cameras," he told Channel 10.

it OK if there are no cameras around huh? lol good to see people are not happy with him. that was not needed.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I hate threads where the OP posts once then vanishes.

On Topic: They did the right thing removing him from service.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I hate threads where the OP posts once then vanishes.

On Topic: They did the right thing removing him from service.

I'm right here, troll. I said everything I wanted and needed to say, and there was nothing subsequently directed at me for me to respond to until your ignorant and unnecessary troll comment.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I'm right here, troll. I said everything I wanted and needed to say, and there was nothing subsequently directed at me for me to respond to until your ignorant and unnecessary troll comment.

Ah, the hate from you still flows strong. You need to relax...maybe start using decaf. I will say that you are a bit calmer than when you usually reply to me. You did not use a pletora of capital letters and large, bolded words. You are on the right track. :)

BTW, lurking has the same effect as vanishing.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
If only there were video out there of Palestinians and their proxys doing "illegal" things to Israelis.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
If only there were video out there of Palestinians and their proxys doing "illegal" things to Israelis.

i give you a 8/10 for this troll effort to deflect the topic at hand and push the attention onto Palestinians. Good work.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
At least the Israeli Government got rid of the guy.

They even took appropriate actions when one or two Israeli soldiers were caught on video apparently using Palestinians as human shields.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Looks like he should be made an example of including criminal charges, but of course I won't hold my breath.

Is getting fired seriously all he will get for this? Would we not expect a police acting brutally on the job to be charged? Actually, we wouldn't, not in many cases, but in 100% of them we should.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Not at all, it is in vogue with all the kool kids. Much like the current kool kid trend of saying circumcision is mutilation.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Looks like he should be made an example of including criminal charges, but of course I won't hold my breath.

Is getting fired seriously all he will get for this? Would we not expect a police acting brutally on the job to be charged? Actually, we wouldn't, not in many cases, but in 100% of them we should.

"Lieutenant-Colonel Shalom Eisner has been suspended until the conclusion of the inquiry which has been opened," a military spokesman said on Monday.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/04/201241682449825487.html

They are doing it the legal and proper way. They suspended him and are performing an inquiry. We all know the media purposefully changes facts from time to time, so they are going to look into the matter and find what really happened, then take appropriate actions.

Until we find what the actions they take are, we just have to wait.