Shooting with deaths at Ft Lauderdale airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Don't know how many dead, CNN said at one time 9 injured. Suspect is in custody. Supposedly happened in the baggage claim area of Delta, terminal 2. .

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/us/fort-lauderdale-airport-incident/index.html

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer was there and tweeted that the police said there is one shooter and five victims.

edit: Sen Bill Nelson says suspect is Esteban Santiago.

MomentsofSanity requested his thread be closed, but, since it was first and people are responding in it, I will close this one.

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
My first thought was employee or passenger as the shooter. I think you can have a firearm in checked luggage but I 'm unsure about ammunition.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
My first thought was employee or passenger as the shooter. I think you can have a firearm in checked luggage but I 'm unsure about ammunition.

You can walk into the claim area in many airports unchecked.

Maybe not after today.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I have a thread on this down the list. Go ahead and close mine and run with this one

I'm sorry. I did look and did not see your thread. :(

I'm watching live video and the entire place is shut down. Lots of people standing around. edit: Lots of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Apparently some reports of more shots at terminal 1, 4 and a parking garage, but no confirmation of any of those./edit. Local news feed says "'a number of people were taken to local hospital." Number of dead still referenced as 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.