Shoot me- I'm an idiot: Was speeding thru not ONE, but TWO speed trap zones on my way home

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
1am.

speed trap1:
speed limit=35. was not paying attention to my spedometer. by the time i look down, i'm at 55. in VA, 20 over the limit = RECKLESS :(

speedtrap2:
was going from one county to another. speed was 55mph. i was going 65, which is standard around here. then speed limit went down to 45mph, and i (AGAIN) was not paying attention. i never slowed down and was still at 65 in the new county.

BOTH times i saw a MARKED cop car sitting on the side of the road. the 1st time i saw it as i was slowing down to 35mph. guess i slowed down enuf since he didnt pull out.

2nd time i saw it down the road. then remembered it was a 45mph zone and i slammed my brakes, and cruised by the patrol car doing 55. i was the only car on the road. he didnt pull out. maybe it was a decoy empty car? or the cop was asleep. (remember, it's 1am)

i could have had 2 reckless driving tix in one nite :Q

#1 i was lucky. #2 i was REALLY lucky!

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
well if you got a ticket on the first one, you probably would have been more careful later on :)

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I was just out coming home from a friend's house. Since it's 2am and the cops usually don't stay out that late here, I hit 80 on a couple straight-aways (35 mph zones). Fun fun! Stupid, Stupid, but Fun Fun!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
I was just out coming home from a friend's house. Since it's 2am and the cops usually don't stay out that late here, I hit 80 on a couple straight-aways (35 mph zones). Fun fun! Stupid, Stupid, but Fun Fun!
I'm a speed demon as much as the next guy, but 80 in a 35 is pushing it........

I definitely save those speeds for the highways.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
That's why you have someone run interference for you. I had a friend in front of me on interstate 90 watching for cops. he passed about 8 state troopers in a truckstop pulling all the speeders over. I slowed down from about 110 to 60 about a mile away and went back to 110 for the rest of the way until I caught up to my buddy :p

Am I making sh!t up, or am I for real... hmm, you will never know :p

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
OP, you're a lucky man. That's stupid about 20+ being reckless though. I thought that was disproved in a court case a few years ago where a guy proved he was driving super fast (40+ IIRC) but it was a straightaway and he wasn't swerving or anything.

Vigilante, you're just a jackass for driving 80 in a 35.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: aplefka
OP, you're a lucky man. That's stupid about 20+ being reckless though. I thought that was disproved in a court case a few years ago where a guy proved he was driving super fast (40+ IIRC) but it was a straightaway and he wasn't swerving or anything.

Vigilante, you're just a jackass for driving 80 in a 35.

Hehe.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
30+ in Florida = Jail

A friend of mine got pulled over doing 80 in a 45 trying to get a friend to the airport. Cop LET THEM GO, lmao.