Ships Ahoy - NBA 2K13

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
2K Sports announces the release of NBA 2K13 in North America, saying the latest installment in this basketball simulation is now available for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and PSP. Most of the announcement touts the game's celebrity mogul: "NBA 2K13 represents the greatest year-to-year leap we have made in the franchise’s history," said Greg Thomas, president of product development for 2K Sports. "Our partnership with JAY Z brought a new dynamic to the game, and really elevated it to new heights." The Wii U edition will launch in North America along with the new console on November 18th, and the console editions are expected to launch in Europe on November 30th. The new installment also includes new mobile options:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]2K Sports recently announced NBA 2K Everywhere, giving fans the opportunity to experience NBA 2K virtually anywhere via an all-new mobile companion application, a social game on Facebook, and a full-featured mobile version of NBA 2K13 for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices. NBA 2K Everywhere will extend the NBA 2K experience by offering players greater flexibility, more variety and new ways to play, at home or on the go, with these all-new social and mobile games. Additionally, both the mobile companion app and Facebook game enable players to feed data and experience right back into NBA 2K13 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, introducing a new level of connectivity and continuity to the NBA 2K experience.[/FONT]

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
It's not on Steam yet...

Edit: Apparently in two weeks it will be on Steam for the MSRP of $19.99. The current $29.99 price seems to be a two week money grab attempt.

Last edited:

tdawg

Platinum Member
May 18, 2001
It's not on Steam yet...

Edit: Apparently in two weeks it will be on Steam for the MSRP of $19.99. The current $29.99 price seems to be a two week money grab attempt.

I'd buy at $19.99

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
With that thread title I thought you were going to post a torrent link to the game.

Feb 6, 2007
Looks pretty good, and $20 ain't bad. But every time I try and get into a sports game in this generation, I am hugely disappointed. I just can't handle the sheer variety of controls and options presented; it's all very intimidating. Give me something straightforward. "Hold Right trigger and B, then move the right thumbstick in a quartercircle counterclockwise, then double tap A..." Nope. Not interested.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Bump since it's now available on Steam for $30.

Only problem with 2K series is the lack of information on controls and other stuff. Also I hate navigating their menus. These two things were the primary gripe in the IGN review, but they said the game play was absolutely solid. I guess they're right in that I'd rather have crappy UI and a good game play rather than the opposite.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Looks pretty good, and $20 ain't bad. But every time I try and get into a sports game in this generation, I am hugely disappointed. I just can't handle the sheer variety of controls and options presented; it's all very intimidating. Give me something straightforward. "Hold Right trigger and B, then move the right thumbstick in a quartercircle counterclockwise, then double tap A..." Nope. Not interested.

This. This is exactly why I gave up playing my beloved NHL simulations.