Shipping from Michgan to California

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
The guy said he shipped it out on the evening of June 12th. No tracking or confirmation number was given to me. Even if he shipped it using the slowest possible method (parcel post through USPS?) it really should have arrived already right? Yet no package or missed delivery notice from USPS.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
USPS... no idea.

I shipped many PCs UPS ground and as I recall the longest was a week.

I just did an estimate on UPS.com... 4 days.

Anytime USPS was unable to deliver a package I've received a notice on my door... 2-3 times before I can go pick it up at our local Post Office.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Unless he shipped something via media mail (which can take forever), yes, it'd be there by now.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Media Mail the cheapest and slowest shipping method offered by US Postal can take up to 3 weeks. I always use Priority Mail with confirmation when I ship out stuff. If the item's heavy, I use the flat rate box.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked
Media Mail the cheapest and slowest shipping method offered by US Postal can take up to 3 weeks. I always use Priority Mail with confirmation when I ship out stuff. If the item's heavy, I use the flat rate box.

So you can use media mail even though the contents aren't exactly media related?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: jtvang125

So you can use media mail even though the contents aren't exactly media related?

Depends on the size of the content. What exactly did you buy and did you pay for shipping?

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: jtvang125

You're not supposed to, no, but its of course possible. Most people don't though because there's absolutely no guarantee of when it'll get there. Its basically a super cheap shipping method they offer for those specific items as long as you don't care when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.