Shipping couriers for shipping out of the country?

SofaKing

Banned
Nov 29, 2004
I've never shipped a package to another country before, so right now I need a little help. What shipping couriers do you reccomend for shipping out of the country? Which is the most affordable? Most reliable?

Merlyn3D

Platinum Member
Sep 15, 2001
Originally posted by: DeadByDawn
www.usps.gov

Most affordable? Maybe, but definitely not the most reliable. I would recommend FedEx, UPS, or DHL. I've used all three for international shipments, they all provide decent to excellent tracking and are very reliable. The USPS is probably the one shipping company that has a record for being unreliable.

EDIT: go to each's website and calculate rates, you can't go wrong with either of those three.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I have personally seen UPS and FedEx packages leaving my former employer's facility destined for Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Austriala, Moscow and Rio de Janero. It really depends on what company you're shipping and weather or not you're shipping HazMat.

DeadByDawn

Platinum Member
Dec 22, 2003
Originally posted by: SofaKing
hmm, i've heard that usps isn't that good for shipping out of country. prove me wrong?

I've shipped hundreds of overseas packages and only had one problem, and insurance reimbursed me. Do what you want though.