Shinedown - Rob Zombie - Godsmack Tour

6StringSamurai

Apr 10, 2006
I have seen Shinedown 3 other times and Godsmack once, have not seen Rob Zombie yet. Was wondering if anyone here has and what was the show like.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
I have seen him live when he used to make it a BIG BIG show. Lots of props and stuff. Now he does stripped down shows. Not sure what it is like. Nonetheless, it should be a good show.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The wife and I saw Zombie last month at a pretty small venue during the American Witch tour w/ Anthrax.

It was okay. Maybe I'm just getting old, but his concerts just don't quite have the energy to them that they used to. I was at one of the first shows for the Hellbilly Deluxe tour and that one rocked.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Codewiz
I have seen him live when he used to make it a BIG BIG show. Lots of props and stuff. Now he does stripped down shows. Not sure what it is like. Nonetheless, it should be a good show.

Definitely. He used to have dancers and things wondering all over the stage. Now it's just a couple banners and a few boxes with skulls on the front. Stripped down is a good way to put it.

6StringSamurai

Apr 10, 2006
Originally posted by: vi_edit

Definitely. He used to have dancers and things wondering all over the stage. Now it's just a couple banners and a few boxes with skulls on the front. Stripped down is a good way to put it.

Cool, thanks for the reviews guys. I am looking forward to tonight!

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005

QFT

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
I saw these guys last night here in ATL, GA. Zombie was decent... loved the HalloweeN theme intro. Dragula was cool - educated horses sucked as always. Godsmack was amazing - the duel drum solo near the end is just the best part of the whole concert. I had a great time, but I think I'll enjoy the Staind/3 days grace/Breaking Benjamin/Crossfade/Hinder concert much more.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002

It was okay. Maybe he's just getting old, but his concerts just don't quite have the energy to them that they used to. I was at one of the first shows for the Hellbilly Deluxe tour and that one rocked.

TFTFY

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Hey, a brotha's gotta eat too. "Times are rough and tough like leather!"

6StringSamurai

Apr 10, 2006
Well its 9:00am, I just got to work and my ears are still ringing. Going in to the show I had no idea what to expect from Godsmack or Rob Zombie. Shinedown opened and they were not as good as I have seen them before, but not bad, they put on a decent show. Then...ot came Rob Zombie and OMFG. Huge video screens all over the stage displaying all forms of perverse filth, gore, satanic rituals, nudity, live dancers, all while the band literally rocked everyones faces off. The pyrotechnics were absolutely amazing, overall the whole performance seemed like some form of a freak show/ horror movie stage production. Of all the concerts I have ever been to, that one just skyrocketed straight to #1.

Now, after Rob Zombie did his set, on comes Godsmack, and, I have to be honest, I love their music...but they sucked live. They really should not have came on after RZ. Literally during RZ the entire crowd was on their feet going absolutely apeshite. During Godsmack...it was dead as crap. Their stage setup sucked, lame pyro, and they were so loud to the point of literally hundreds of people in the audience sitting down holding their ears. I love loud rock concerts as much as the next guy, but come on.. So, 30 mins of Godsmack and me and the gf left along with alot of other people.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I've see Shinedown once and they put on one hell of a show, I'd like to see Godsmack but I just can't stand Rob Zombie anymore, just so played out and everything he does is the same droning crap IMO.

Have fun!

reallyfull

Jun 22, 2005
I saw him last year. I was looking forward to it but he turned out to be a real jerk. He kept talking junk about the crowd asked us what songs we wanted they would start to play them and stop.

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
Shinedown and Godsmack are ridiculous. Godsmack especially... you should see the drummer's set-- he like encloses himself in a room with nothing but drums around it and twirls around on a swivel chair playing it. It's sick and I can't really explain it, but you're in for one hell of a show.