Sherrif Joe Arpaio to surround schools with armed posse.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/ar...ims-to-put-armed-posse-at-schools-4151669.php

Arizona sheriff aims to put armed posse at schools

An Arizona sheriff has announced plans to deploy an armed volunteer posse to protect Phoenix-area students in the wake of the mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio tells KTVK-TV (http://bit.ly/WMVRwn) he has the authority to mobilize private citizens to fight crime but hasn't talked to specific districts.

He says he doesn't plan to put posse members inside schools but will have them posted around the perimeters.

This will be interesting. I am sure members of the Minutemen will be amongst the first to volunteer.
Untrained civilians around schools with guns? This will not end well.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
In Vermont they are going to 16 year olds........ Oh wait, it's illegal for a 16 year old to own a handgun.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
He says he doesn't plan to put posse members inside schools but will have them posted around the perimeters.

This will be interesting. I am sure members of the Minutemen will be amongst the first to volunteer.

Yeah... and if they hear shots fired while standing around outside, they'll be clueless as to what is actually occurring inside - and are just as likely to shoot each other than the perp.

Apr 27, 2012
So OP do you have any REAL insight to add to this instead of the usual copy and paste with a couple words?

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
So, it would appear that he intends to use unemployed (nothing else to do during the day), wannabe cops (probably already rejected by local forces) in street clothes (no uniforms to indicate they are the good guys), and no training or communications as guards. And if they have no arrest powers, their only options when confronting someone will be to let them pass, or shoot them.

Should be fun when they mistake an umbrella or a sub sandwich for a gun.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So there is a shooter. Someone calls the cops. The cops arrive, knowing there is a shooter. Doesn't seem like a real good time to be a dude standing in front of the school while holding a gun.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well, at least it's a way for all those folks to justify why they bought that shiny new 50 cal. barret-style scoped rifle, and that pretty Korth Combat .357, and all of that camo bdu's and tactical accessories, and that double holster and really cool looking ballistic vest they never had a reason to buy before. It's good for business. The NRA executives must be very pleased.

I'm just wondering how long these volunteers will volunteer their time from standing 24 hr. watch being all eagle-eyed and suspiciously alert, clearing out the classrooms with sniffer dogs early every morning to make sure somebody that's better armed than they are didn't sneak in during the nightwatch or over the weekends and holidays.

At some point, they're going to think they're unappreciated and want to get paid for their services At some point in their lonely watch they're going to ponder how hard it is to defend a bunch of buildings that were never designed to be easily secured. At some point they're going to realize they're risking life and limb from becoming the highest priority target while they're standing out in the open looking all preventive and stuff. At some point they're going to realize they'd rather be hunting, fishing, bar-brawling or watching the Super Bowl on that 60 in. screen they just bought for themselves. It's human nature.

Olikan

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2011
LOL, just let the kids go to school with guns, its the solution to everything

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The conservative mind is very big on authoritarian discipline, threat, and punishment, because the conservative mind has a defect, an enlarged right amygdala that over processes fear. So the way to control a conservative is to diddle his amygdala and paralyze him with fear. This is why liberals love contemplate birds and lilies in the fields and conservatives focus on having things stuck in their behinds in hell. They love to titillate their loathing and disgust and only the most stalwart of conservatives will run a posse gauntlet.

For liberals, the idea of killing children just has no natural appeal. A liberal just doesn't get off that way, having no enlarged amygdala to titillate. For liberals you just pass a law outlawing guns and that's the end of it. He doesn't have to go home and quake in his boots that he's going to be defenseless when the boogie man crawls out of his brain as he project death wishes on his neighbors and thinks they're are planning to act on the same.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I support this if you can find enough volunteers and I would like each to be vetted in some manner, don't need to welcome too much crazy to hang around a school with weapons.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Untrained civilians...lol. So you have to have a uniform or be interviewed on TV to be an expert on on anything right ? :rolleyes: Most civilians I know with guns have more experience, practice, and training than you average budget constrained police department.

Typical lefty subservient "civilians are dumb and helpless only the experts and officials on CNN know what's best" mentality.

If a cop can't tell who is the active shooter vs a guy in a defensive position not shooting everybody in sight, that person has no business having a badge.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The conservative mind is very big on authoritarian discipline, threat, and punishment, because the conservative mind has a defect, an enlarged right amygdala that over processes fear. So the way to control a conservative is to diddle his amygdala and paralyze him with fear. This is why liberals love contemplate birds and lilies in the fields and conservatives focus on having things stuck in their behinds in hell. They love to titillate their loathing and disgust and only the most stalwart of conservatives will run a posse gauntlet.

For liberals, the idea of killing children just has no natural appeal. A liberal just doesn't get off that way, having no enlarged amygdala to titillate. For liberals you just pass a law outlawing guns and that's the end of it. He doesn't have to go home and quake in his boots that he's going to be defenseless when the boogie man crawls out of his brain as he project death wishes on his neighbors and thinks they're are planning to act on the same.

So you are saying Conservatives get off on killing children.

Go fuck yourself.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'm curious... in the case of an "event", are these men even legally allowed to enter the school campus / buildings and respond to a shooter?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So you are saying Conservatives get off on killing children.

Go fuck yourself.

See, that's what I love about conservatives. You believe it's bad to kill children just like I do. We agree on that. It's not a bigoted idea. Where your bigotry comes in is when you assume only you can have that feeling it's wrong to kill children. I said liberals don't get off on the idea of killing children. I didn't say liberals don't get off on killing children but conservatives do. I am saying that the idea of killing children does not have the same effect on a liberal mind as it does on a conservative mind. For example, liberals don't leap to the absurd notion that schools should be surrounded by gunmen because their brains didn't get all high on crack from being stimulated by fear and loathing. We look for rational solution, not hair brained, hair trigger ones. You don't want to send a conservative mind to solve a problem the evokes emotional fear. Your cingulate is too shrunken to moderate the effects of your overgrown amygdala. You are going to respond irrationally. Let healthy brains deal with the problem. You will only make it worse, but you are a bigot so you won't see that. You can't accept the fact you are defective and will insist on defective solutions. You would hate yourself if you could see how you are so you remain how you are and hateful to all who can't see the fact that you can't help being who you are. Try to see that you can't be blamed if you are helpless to help yourself.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
So there is a shooter. Someone calls the cops. The cops arrive, knowing there is a shooter. Doesn't seem like a real good time to be a dude standing in front of the school while holding a gun.

This ^. It's not like Sheriff Joe ever thinks things through.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Agreed. The OP got owned badly in the other thread and now he is coming back for round 2

When are you clowns going to realize that truth isn't a game of oneupmanship. Grow the f up. Why not tape a big sign on your foreheads proclaiming to the world that I'm only here to put others down so I can feel like a winner. Why not just say you feel like shit and need somebody to humiliate so you can feel better. You look like a bunch of Zombies trying to suck the life out of living people. Try to get some personal dignity.