She texted her boyfriend instead of calling the police.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What the !@#$ makes you think she had time to do anything else?

PSA for teens, take a photo of everyone you meet and post it online. Eventually the criminals will realize they are no longer getting away with crimes if their faces are the last message you send the world.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It occurs to me that I don't actually carry the number for the Police on me in said situations.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What the !@#$ makes you think she had time to do anything else?

PSA for teens, take a photo of everyone you meet and post it online. Eventually the criminals will realize they are no longer getting away with crimes if their faces are the last message you send the world.

What about if we could fit every person with a GPS camera and recording devise that was always on and cloud storage connected and also triggered a police response if turned off for any reason.

MistaFreeze

Feb 18, 2009
Anybody stop to think that maybe she was joking around and didn't really think/know anything serious was going to happen? Clearly she was wrong but...

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
It occurs to me that I don't actually carry the number for the Police on me in said situations.

Good point. There should be a law to make all cell phone makers put a big red emergency button on every phone to dial the police for you. 911, ain't nobody got time to remember that! Won't someone think of the children!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What about if we could fit every person with a GPS camera and recording devise that was always on and cloud storage connected and also triggered a police response if turned off for any reason.

Most of that is what we call a cell phone these days. The more society realizes interaction is recorded, the more likely crime like this will be eliminated.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Good point. There should be a law to make all cell phone makers put a big red emergency button on every phone to dial the police for you. 911, ain't nobody got time to remember that! Won't someone think of the children!

Hell, if I'm not careful when I adjust my rearview mirror I can dial 911.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

every cellphone I have ever owned has come pre programed with an "emergency" contact and it basically just dials 911 for you

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
You can't fault her - we all know the police would have gunned her down and probably planted drugs on her. Oh, and shot her dog as well.