She texted her boyfriend instead of calling the police.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
http://www.cafemom.com/group/107096...gn=prism&utm_source=outbrain&utm_content=2578

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...thinks-killer-must-have-known-victim/27161382

Are Americas teens really this god damn stupid?
When their lives are in danger the first instinct is to message friends with a fucking STATUS UPDATE?

REALLY?

Hey shorty?

Fuck off.

She happened to be a very close friend of my sons, and I sat down at dinner with her boyfriend of 2 years and his two friends while they balled their eyes out for two hours 3 nights ago.

Just fuck off.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Very sad

Poor girl was only 14, hardly old enough to recognize and react to danger perfectly and this mistake BY A CHILD cost her.

Hope they catch the bastard

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I doubt she sent the message, at least not after she realized she was actually in trouble. That would be a long message to send while be kidnapped.

Nov 8, 2012
How do you know she sent that text, that it wasn't the killer?

Obviously no one but me and you read the article(s) so far, because I got that vibe too....

I know there are stupid girls these days, but criminals don't grab chicks and leave them with their hands free to freely grab a cell-phone (if they don't take it to begin with) and text.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Obviously no one but me and you read the article(s) so far, because I got that vibe too....

I know there are stupid girls these days, but criminals don't grab chicks and leave them with their hands free to freely grab a cell-phone (if they don't take it to begin with) and text.

There has been a ton of speculation about this locally, and the consensus is that the killer DID send that text. That begs the quesiton, however, of how he knew who to send it to. Was the phone locked? Did he just text the most-oft texted person? However, the police are intentionally not releasing any information. For instance, they were very careful to not release the condition of the body and what had been done to April, because only the killer would know certain facts.

They were out searching the local fields the other day, but that's somewhat a lost cause because the farmers just did first-cut on the hay and baled it all. More than like if there was anything to find, it's rolled up in a big round bale in the middle of a field.

They have taken computers, phones, shoes, and other items from the kids that knew her well, so I'm guessing they do have some type of physical evidence they just aren't talking about.

They've brought in a new group of police from a different area for a set of fresh eyes, to try to look at the case differently. This is a very small community, and we have a lot of very upset folks around here. The reporters have been beyond the pale in their techniques. In one case, one tried to slip into the body viewing. A policeman caught him and carefully explained that this was a small farm town, where everyone knew everyone, and if any of them saw the reporter in there again his body might be the next one they were searching for. If they ever do catch the person, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to court.

Last edited:

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I would guess that either she sent the message when she noticed someone following her as a joke/stress reliever and then it actually happened, or the killer sent it. Although I'm not sure what the killer would stand to gain from sending that message?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I would guess that either she sent the message when she noticed someone following her as a joke/stress reliever and then it actually happened, or the killer sent it. Although I'm not sure what the killer would stand to gain from sending that message?

I think most people who kill/assault 14 year-old girls are somewhat fucked up, I could see someone who was fucked up getting some kind of sick satisfaction out of sending a message like that.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013

misdirection?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
So now suddenly its ok to call the cops? I wish you all would make up your minds.

Regardless of who she texted, the crime was going to get committed, and the trail would have been just as cold compared to if the cops were called immediately.

It's much more likely the killer sent the text.

What really surprises me is the killer's lack of apprehension of going after someone with a dog.

Last edited:

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
How do you know she sent that text, that it wasn't the killer?

I doubt she sent the message, at least not after she realized she was actually in trouble. That would be a long message to send while be kidnapped.

Unless she had her boyfriends name in her phone as "Boyfriend" I doubt the killer would be able to figure out the actual name of her boyfriend and send him a text message. She was most likely very scared and the first/last person she thought of was her boyfriend.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
Regardless of who she texted, the crime was going to get committed, and the trail would have been just as cold compared to if the cops were called immediately.

It's much more likely the killer sent the text.

What really surprises me is the killer's lack of apprehension of going after someone with a dog.

The dog she was walking that night was a total marshmallow.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Unless she had her boyfriends name in her phone as "Boyfriend" I doubt the killer would be able to figure out the actual name of her boyfriend and send him a text message. She was most likely very scared and the first/last person she thought of was her boyfriend.

it's not hard: look at pics, look at messages, look at most called.

positivedoppler

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2012