She campaigned hard on her Trump endorsment

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Today there was a republican primary runoff election for the 11th Congressional District Seat, held by Mark Meadows. Mark is taking a very short term job as Trump's Chief of Staff.

Living here I am sick of seeing her ads featuring Trump's endorsement. Her endorsements include;
  • Donald Trump - Please let this serve as my Complete and Total Endorsement of a great fighter and ally in North Carolina, @LyndaBennettNC. She is strong on Crime, Borders, Military, our Great Vets & 2A. She will be a great help to me in DC. EARLY VOTING STARTS TODAY. We need Lynda Bennett! #NC11
  • Rep. Mark Meadows has thrown his full support behind Lynda Bennett for Congress. (This is the seat that Meadows is vacating to take his temporary job as Trumps chief of staff.
  • Freedom Caucus Member Rep. Jim Jordan ((R) Ohio 4th) has thrown his full support behind Lynda
  • House Freedom Fund
  • Senate Conservatives Fund
  • Right Woman PAC
  • Freedom Caucus Wives
  • Susan B. Anthony List
  • Citizens United
  • David Bossie - Since 2000, he has been the president of Citizens United, and in 2016 served as the deputy campaign manager for the Donald J. Trump for President campaign.
  • American Conservative Union
  • Rep. Andy Biggs - (R) Arizona’s 5th congressional district
  • Senator Ted Cruz
Defeated by a 24 year old and in true Trumpeeter form, she lost bigly
bigly.jpg

It should also be noted that only registered republicans or those registered as unaffiliated and voted republican in the primary in early March could vote today.

Last edited:

BadTrip

Sep 22, 2008
As a WNC resident, I am thoroughly disgusted by all the Cawthorne love. Punk kid with zero accomplishments. Moe Davis 2020

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
As a WNC resident, I am thoroughly disgusted by all the Cawthorne love. Punk kid with zero accomplishments. Moe Davis 2020
No argument, but is clearly shows that a Trump endorsement is a poison pill. I suspect we will see many republicans distancing themselves from Trump.

I expect to see similiar margins in November when Cawthorne loses to Davis. He is an avowed Trumpeeter.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Now how soon will the cry of voter fraud be heard. Due to the virus 31% of ballots cast were mail-in.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Today there was a republican primary runoff election for the 11th Congressional District Seat, held by Mark Meadows. Mark is taking a very short term job as Trump's Chief of Staff.

Living here I am sick of seeing her ads featuring Trump's endorsement. Her endorsements include;
  • Donald Trump - Please let this serve as my Complete and Total Endorsement of a great fighter and ally in North Carolina, @LyndaBennettNC. She is strong on Crime, Borders, Military, our Great Vets & 2A. She will be a great help to me in DC. EARLY VOTING STARTS TODAY. We need Lynda Bennett! #NC11
  • Rep. Mark Meadows has thrown his full support behind Lynda Bennett for Congress. (This is the seat that Meadows is vacating to take his temporary job as Trumps chief of staff.
  • Freedom Caucus Member Rep. Jim Jordan ((R) Ohio 4th) has thrown his full support behind Lynda
  • House Freedom Fund
  • Senate Conservatives Fund
  • Right Woman PAC
  • Freedom Caucus Wives
  • Susan B. Anthony List
  • Citizens United
  • David Bossie - Since 2000, he has been the president of Citizens United, and in 2016 served as the deputy campaign manager for the Donald J. Trump for President campaign.
  • American Conservative Union
  • Rep. Andy Biggs - (R) Arizona’s 5th congressional district
  • Senator Ted Cruz
Defeated by a 24 year old and in true Trumpeeter form, she lost bigly
View attachment 23980

It should also be noted that only registered republicans or those registered as unaffiliated and voted republican in the primary in early March could vote today.

I don't think it means what you think it means. Bennett apparently wasn't crazy enough to suit them. Cawthorn shows a lot of promise, huh?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I don't think it means what you think it means. Bennett apparently wasn't crazy enough to suit them. Cawthorn shows a lot of promise, huh?
No, but it sure appears that a Trump endorsement is a death sentence for election hopes even in a republican primary, otherwise he would have come out on top in the first primary in March.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
No argument, but is clearly shows that a Trump endorsement is a poison pill. I suspect we will see many republicans distancing themselves from Trump.

I expect to see similiar margins in November when Cawthorne loses to Davis. He is an avowed Trumpeeter.

He has actually gone on record and had stated that he is a fan of Trump. The POTUS just didn't endorse Madison.

I wouldn't make a big deal about this.

Feb 4, 2009
He has actually gone on record and had stated that he is a fan of Trump. The POTUS just didn't endorse Madison.

I wouldn't make a big deal about this.

Yeah I as going to say this, one is likely a 10 of 10 MAGA supporter, the other is a 9.9 of 10 MAGA supporter.

Nov 17, 2019
Dude looks like Chet, the brother in 'Weird Science'

Chet-weird-science-6347974-450-336.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Agreed, but this twatwaffle's only thing is "I was joining the Navy but I got paralyzed at spring break at 19."

now that's funny. :D

my god, that state really is filled with so many similar twatwaffles. (I'm from Raleigh and "parts east")

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Do I detect a little shade from Moe's statement congratulating Cawthorn? [em-PHAS-is is mine]

"Congratulations to Madison Cawthorn on his win over Lynda Bennett, but now we turn our attention to November.
We all know that Western North Carolina has fallen behind in access to healthcare, education, jobs that pay well and more. We’ve got an opportunity to change course and lean into the future. Better days are ahead, and I’m committed to do all I can to see that we get there.
I spent 25 years in the Air Force and retired as a Colonel. One thing I learned in the military: You have to earn your rank. No one in the service starts at the top and I don’t think the people of Western North Carolina believe a congressional seat should be *handed to someone like a graduation present*.
Experience matters. Leadership matters. Knowledge matters.
There couldn’t be a clearer choice in November."

• Love
Reactions: dawp and zinfamous

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
North Carolina is gerrymandered to death, it's going to be a Democrat state with Republican congressional delegation, if it's not already.

Reactions: zinfamous

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sooner or later
North Carolina is gerrymandered to death, it's going to be a Democrat state with Republican congressional delegation, if it's not already.

What you just described there by my reckoning is fascism in its purest form whereby a minority party, essentially boiled down to their leader, holds sway over the majority.

This is going to be the future of the Repub party in all of it's despotic glory, replete with emboldened racists, ignorant loyalists, religious fanatics, a professional state owned Ministry of Propaganda and a corrupt-to-the-bone political cadre enforcing their will over their state's populace.

Who'da thunk it could happen to a nation that's supposed to be the world's shining example of a prosperous and powerful collective of individuals whose possession of free will is based on centuries' worth of forwarding the essential principles of democracy.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

It’s the reason why a no-name 24 year-old who unexpectedly won a primary is now a shoe-in to carry Meadows’ old district, according to Cook Political Report. Moe Davis is still fighting an uphill battle.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The courts just reversed (last year) the gerrymandering that took Asheville, a very liberal base out of the 11th and put it in the 10th district. Courts finially said no, and now a big portion of Asheville is back in the 11th.