Shawne Merriman (of SD) suspended 4 games for steroids

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Good riddance. This is the same assclown who compared himself to Junior Seau..(and is also the same guy who pwned my Raiders, but that's a separate issue)

However 4 games is definitely not enough. The NFL needs to be a lot more strict with these sorts of violations. If someone is dumb enough to not only use steroids, but to be caught with them, they should be out for a lot longer than just a few games.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids ? not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension

Damn

Well let's give the guy a chance and see if he can play clean.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
And to answer the question, 4 games seems right. That is 25% of the season.

A second infraction costs you an entire season.

I think it is a good policy.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: mpitts

Kicking a guy twice in the face gets you a 5 game suspension....so 4 is about right.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
the thing to remember is that unlike "recreational drugs" there is no one time no one knows policy.

First srike and you are out.

Sop 4 games seams fair.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Yzzim
Originally posted by: mpitts

Kicking a guy twice in the face gets you a 5 game suspension....so 4 is about right.

I think that Haynesworth's suspension should have been longer.

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
This really surprised me... everyone was talking about how he is the future.

This problem with steroids in sports are really just sad to see.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Syringer
Good riddance. This is the same assclown who compared himself to Junior Seau..(and is also the same guy who pwned my Raiders, but that's a separate issue)

However 4 games is definitely not enough. The NFL needs to be a lot more strict with these sorts of violations. If someone is dumb enough to not only use steroids, but to be caught with them, they should be out for a lot longer than just a few games.

And what is it that you know about steroids? Your comment about being dumb for using steroids is naive.

I do agree with you though about the need for the NFL to be more strict with these incidents.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: Syringer

And what is it that you know about steroids? Your comment about being dumb for using steroids is naive.

I do agree with you though about the need for the NFL to be more strict with these incidents.

I know that it is a dumb thing to do when you risk being caught with it.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Pocatello
Now he has to prove himself that he can play without steroids.

Nooo... Now he has to learn how to take his masking agents properly so he doesn't get caught again. ;) It would be interesting to know exactly what drug he tested positive for.

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: yosuke188
This really surprised me... everyone was talking about how he is the future.

This problem with steroids in sports are really just sad to see.

Yes but it's not suprising. If there was some type of drug that could make me better at my job and make me more money I would have a hard time not taking it especially if the risk of getting caught was one month without pay.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
In general, the issue of steroids in sports frustrates me to no end.

As a Chiefs fan this pisses me off so much. Merriman was the guy that ended Priest Holmes' season last year and quite likely his entire career. You can 'what if' yourself to death, but who knows if that was a roid-aided hit or not? And if it was, then was it that extra steroid edge that made the hit that much more vicious/crippling? The idea that steroids could have ended one of my favorite players' career is infuriating.

By bringing my own team-bias into the topic I'm certainly not saying that I think every player in ANY locker room, let alone the Chiefs, is clean. I'm well aware of John Welbourn cheating as well, and that doesn't change what I think about steroid users at all.

CK

j00fek

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2005
when you say, "im the biggest,fastest, most feared linebacker this season" then get caught for roids your sh!t to me

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: j00fek
when you say, "im the biggest,fastest, most feared linebacker this season" then get caught for roids your sh!t to me

And if he wins his appeal?

He may have had something in his system and While I will not be upset if he gets suspended I will not vilify someone for something they may not have known happened.

Calling someone a cheat and a liar is pretty harsh seeing as you have ONE PIECE of information.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
listen.......they are all on steroids. there is no ifs ands or buts about this. 95% of the league is, was, or has been on steroids in the last year. get over it.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Four games? A cyclist would get two year's vacation for a positive 'roid test. :confused: