Sharing Local Devices (soundcard) via Network

AlphaSux

Jan 19, 2000
Has anyone heard of sharing a soundcard (or other devices) over a local area network?

Here's my setup: I have a few computers, all equipped with soundcards but only one of them is actually connected to speakers.

I'd like to be able to stream all my audio to the /connected/ one over my network... Via Directsound, or waveout or anything. (It'd be asking too much for an online mixer too eh? <G>

Has anyone thought of this before or know if anything is available? My google searches have been fruitless to say the least so I thought I'd take it to the people in the know here.

Any input?

I guess ideally I'd wish that you could 'install' remote hardware locally but it doesn't like like there's a /sharing/ option under my soundcard in WinXP. ;)

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
neve hear do of anything liek that. you can connect the outputs of the sounds cards to the input of yours. i done that before.

AlphaSux

Jan 19, 2000
I mean, how hard could it really be?

Maybe someone could write a program to do it. instead of actually sharing the device, just route the output to a software deamon and send it net-way.