Sharepoint Calendar Linked to Outlook

blemoine

Jul 20, 2005
We use sharepoint 2.0 as our Intranet Site. On the intranet site i have everyones email address listed uder "contacts" and have these contacts linked to Outlook. We don't have an exchange server so this is the easiest way to keep everyones contacts updated. This works fine with no problems.

Under the "events" section i list meetings and things like that. when i click "Link to Outlook" it seems to work. when i click on calendars i have two calendars listed. the second calendar is from the intranet site. whatever events i have listed on the site show up. if i close out of outlook and open it back up when i click on calendars both are listed on the left hand side of the screen but the calendar from the intranet site is not checked. this would mean that my users would have to go here every morning and select the intranet calendar. this will not work because they will forget to do this. there has to be a way for both calendars to be checked at all times. even when you close outlook and start it up again.

by the way we are using Outlook 2003. i would really appreciate any help or advice on this matter. thanks in advance

EvanAdams

Nov 7, 2003
whoa does sharepoint talk to exchange?!

that makes me want to get a hosted exchange server!