Shameful Deportation

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
At long last, Mr. Trump, have you no shame? :(

"A Canadian army captain who fought alongside American troops in Afghanistan, and who is married to a former officer in the US air force, has been deported as Donald Trump’s zero tolerance immigration policies continue to break apart military families.

Demetry Furman, 47, says he held a top-level security clearance with US forces during his service in the Middle East and worked with them on several successful anti-drugs operations that prevented millions of dollars of heroin coming to the West.

But in a twist of irony he says it was a long-spent 1992 marijuana conviction that led to his being dumped by agents from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (Ice) at the Canadian border on Tuesday – after he spent 77 days in a maximum security jail in Ohio labelled as a drugs trafficker."

[...]

"The conviction, which at the time resulted in an $80 fine and 28 days’ community service, came after a passenger in the car he was driving attempted to sell one ounce of marijuana to an undercover policeman. Canadian authorities later vacated the conviction and Furman says he was told by US immigration officials as recently as 2016 that it was no barrier to his application for a green card after he married his wife Cynthia in 2014. They couple had met when they served together in Ohio three years earlier."

[...]

" Furmans were similarly assured they were safe while his green card application was being processed. “They interviewed us in Cleveland in 2016 and said everything looks great and we should be getting everything taken care of in the next 30 to 45 days,” said Cynthia Furman, 50.

“I even got a call from Washington and the immigration officer chuckled when I said I was worried my husband would be deported because this is taking so long. He said there’s no need to be worried because we were doing everything right.”

Then, after being told the green card application “had been lost”, Furman was arrested on August 1 at a drivers’ licence office in Medina, Ohio, as he tried to register a truck. The system flagged up his name and officials there called Ice. “I was sitting in the car waiting for him and two Ice agents came up and handed me his keys and his pocket knife and said they were detaining him,” Cynthia Furman said.

“They wouldn’t tell me why, or where they were taking him, and wouldn’t let me see him. I said I couldn’t drive because I had my ankle in a cast and they just said ‘call somebody’ and walked off.”

She said it took several days before she found out where he was, and that he was moved around a couple of county jails before ending up at the maximum security facility with convicted murderers and rapists. She said she was allowed to see him only twice by video chat, and that his health had suffered because of his incarceration in a cell with no windows.

On Tuesday he said, he was shackled and driven with other deportees in a van to the Canadian border, with an Ice agent shaking his hand and wishing him well before driving off."

^^^ This story infuriates and disgusts me. :( :( :(

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Normally, I support deporting criminal immigrants and illegals, but this just seems...petty...which is a good description of our Cheeto-in-Chief.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Chickenshit is a specialty of our immigration service & has been for some while.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
At long last, Mr. Trump, have you no shame? :(

"A Canadian army captain who fought alongside American troops in Afghanistan, and who is married to a former officer in the US air force, has been deported as Donald Trump’s zero tolerance immigration policies continue to break apart military families.

Demetry Furman, 47, says he held a top-level security clearance with US forces during his service in the Middle East and worked with them on several successful anti-drugs operations that prevented millions of dollars of heroin coming to the West.

But in a twist of irony he says it was a long-spent 1992 marijuana conviction that led to his being dumped by agents from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (Ice) at the Canadian border on Tuesday – after he spent 77 days in a maximum security jail in Ohio labelled as a drugs trafficker."

[...]

"The conviction, which at the time resulted in an $80 fine and 28 days’ community service, came after a passenger in the car he was driving attempted to sell one ounce of marijuana to an undercover policeman. Canadian authorities later vacated the conviction and Furman says he was told by US immigration officials as recently as 2016 that it was no barrier to his application for a green card after he married his wife Cynthia in 2014. They couple had met when they served together in Ohio three years earlier."

[...]

" Furmans were similarly assured they were safe while his green card application was being processed. “They interviewed us in Cleveland in 2016 and said everything looks great and we should be getting everything taken care of in the next 30 to 45 days,” said Cynthia Furman, 50.

“I even got a call from Washington and the immigration officer chuckled when I said I was worried my husband would be deported because this is taking so long. He said there’s no need to be worried because we were doing everything right.”

Then, after being told the green card application “had been lost”, Furman was arrested on August 1 at a drivers’ licence office in Medina, Ohio, as he tried to register a truck. The system flagged up his name and officials there called Ice. “I was sitting in the car waiting for him and two Ice agents came up and handed me his keys and his pocket knife and said they were detaining him,” Cynthia Furman said.

“They wouldn’t tell me why, or where they were taking him, and wouldn’t let me see him. I said I couldn’t drive because I had my ankle in a cast and they just said ‘call somebody’ and walked off.”

She said it took several days before she found out where he was, and that he was moved around a couple of county jails before ending up at the maximum security facility with convicted murderers and rapists. She said she was allowed to see him only twice by video chat, and that his health had suffered because of his incarceration in a cell with no windows.

On Tuesday he said, he was shackled and driven with other deportees in a van to the Canadian border, with an Ice agent shaking his hand and wishing him well before driving off."

^^^ This story infuriates and disgusts me. :( :( :(

What's truly shameful, is that we can't subject the children of every Trumpanzee to this kind of treatment.

Eric Cartman from South Park would say they're like gingers, they have no soul.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It was always Nixon's and Reagan's agendas to use the War on Cannabis to disenfranchise certain voters, so we really shouldn't be surprised that it's still being used for that purpose.

And hey, wasn't Trump supposed to be pro-legalization? lol

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It was always Nixon's and Reagan's agendas to use the War on Cannabis to disenfranchise certain voters, so we really shouldn't be surprised that it's still being used for that purpose.

And hey, wasn't Trump supposed to be pro-legalization? lol

Drain the swamp! Burn it down! Lock her up! He's a real Maverick!

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
The swamp was drained. The problem was that the hose led to the Cabinet

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Sucks for him and his wife to be put through this (why the eff was he incarcerated while awaiting deportation???) but honestly I'd think they'd eventually agree Canada is an upgrade from Cheeto's America.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
Piss on the USA.
He is better off back in Canada.
We will gladly take him back and his wife as well.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
Shame on us for allowing this idiot to continue to represent us and pretend to be the leader of the free world.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
It’s obvious there is a government group mashing up databases (criminal and immigrant) and coming up with a list of people to deport no matter who they are or what they did for the country.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
It’s obvious there is a government group mashing up databases (criminal and immigrant) and coming up with a list of people to deport no matter who they are or what they did for the country.

Yes. It's quite obvious what's going on and the side you stand on. Fuck you.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Shame on us for allowing this idiot to continue to represent us and pretend to be the leader of the free world.
I can see three or more posters I want to answer. We're only two years "in" on the Traitor-in-Chief.

Looking at polls and comments on polls in the news, I cannot believe that any American with his head screwed on right can support this nonsense. And it's no longer "just nonsense:" People are being hurt. We're so grounded in the moment, we probably can't see what's coming. And the amazing thing about it: While one might guess at what's coming, even Trump himself hasn't even thought his way to that point yet. The outcome may be a result of his diseased mind, but his diseased mind is sort of like a runaway cue ball bouncing around.