shall i get the Nokia 6510 or 8310? *UPDATE* Got the 6510, what a cool little phone.

rbhawcroft

May 16, 2002
dial a phone 6310

dial a phone 8310

its hard to say. I may go for the 6310 for the blue screen, and the buttons that are easier to press. Can anyone reccomend Dial a Phone over Phones4U? And is O2 better than Vodaphone?

Apparrently the 6510 is the restyled and software upgraded version of the 8310 which has a little bit of instability.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have the 6510 and love it, its small, light, maybe too small, I'v dropped it at least once because its so small compared to my hands.

the other phone offers no "useful" features over the 6510

rbhawcroft

May 16, 2002
Thanks. I was leaning towards that as well. The 8310 has buttons that are too depressed into the case to be easily press-able.
I wanted a small one to fit in my jeans when I go out.

Is the Digital Raido any good btw?

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
the radio is great, I'm very surprised by the quality

the only problem with it if you want to have it in your jeans that its rather thick

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
Maybe consider a different company like SonyEricsson or Siemens. Nokia is really poor quality - most ppl I know who have or had Nokia phones (me included) had problems with them. Especially the 8210 is almost 100% sure to fail after a year or so. Often it is only the diplay-connection-rubber but I have seen them fail completely too.
So If u want a little reliability dont get a Nokia - unless their quality magically changed this year...

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: B00ne
Maybe consider a different company like SonyEricsson or Siemens. Nokia is really poor quality - most ppl I know who have or had Nokia phones (me included) had problems with them. Especially the 8210 is almost 100% sure to fail after a year or so. Often it is only the diplay-connection-rubber but I have seen them fail completely too.
So If u want a little reliability dont get a Nokia - unless their quality magically changed this year...
well thats new, the Icelandic market is totaly dominated by Nokie just because they are so much more reliable than all the other brands. I know so many people who still have their 5110 and 3210 phones and I would probably still be using my old 3210 phone if I had not dropped it too many times so it was loosing connection to the gsm network every now and then :)

The 8210 is too new for anyone to have owned it for a year :p

rbhawcroft

May 16, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: B00neMaybe consider a different company like SonyEricsson or Siemens. Nokia is really poor quality - most ppl I know who have or had Nokia phones (me included) had problems with them. Especially the 8210 is almost 100% sure to fail after a year or so. Often it is only the diplay-connection-rubber but I have seen them fail completely too.So If u want a little reliability dont get a Nokia - unless their quality magically changed this year...
well thats new, the Icelandic market is totaly dominated by Nokie just because they are so much more reliable than all the other brands. I know so many people who still have their 5110 and 3210 phones and I would probably still be using my old 3210 phone if I had not dropped it too many times so it was loosing connection to the gsm network every now and then :)The 8210 is too new for anyone to have owned it for a year :p

ill be getting on contract so i can bin it after a year anyway.
the rubber seal should be easy to fix, anyway I have to get insurance and you get it repaired under that cover I think, but Ill be sure to find out, thanks.

i didnt want a large phone, so samsungs a300 would be an alternative but its thick and i dont like the flip design or the protruding arial.a300

also im trying to get a serious graduate job, so i want sth that will be business/ finance credible but also have some street cache' for the chicks;)

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar
Originally posted by: B00ne
well thats new, the Icelandic market is totaly dominated by Nokie just because they are so much more reliable than all the other brands. I know so many people who still have their 5110 and 3210 phones and I would probably still be using my old 3210 phone if I had not dropped it too many times so it was loosing connection to the gsm network every now and then :)

The 8210 is too new for anyone to have owned it for a year :p

No, the 8210 is more than a year old... the 8310 is the new model...

There have been lots of problems with the 8210, i had two break down on me within a year...

Now i have an 8310, and i love it... no problems whatsoever...

I have had a Siemens M35I too... and it actually hanged every now and then, POS if you ask me... I have also owned various Ericsson models but i still prefer this 8310 compared to any of them...

It IS a solid phone...

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
I've had a lot of friends with problems with their Nokia phones and the screens failing on them.

I have a few friends witht he 8310 and its nice. I have the T68 and its great.

Both the networks 02 and Vodaphone are good and reception will depend on your area.

Tip is to stay on the same contract and see if they'll offer you a deal. My company who I am with Cellular Operations on Vodaphone offered me 1000 off peak minutes for £11.99 with itemised billing included:D. Great for speaking to girlfriend and calling home lines.

The USA have it much better though with unlimited calls and 1000's of minutes though! But they have cack networks..lol...