Shaking hands with Saddam...The complete story:

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: adlep
Here
Cons = bad :evil:
Rummy & his buddy Saddam

There is a good pic of chirac and saddam as well.

BUt i guess you soon forget that the prioritys of foreign policys has changed between now and when that picture was taken(something about iran and american hostages comes to mind)

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
something about iran and american hostages comes to mind
Poor piss excuse for a darn short sightness (ingorance) of Regan's foreign policy...
There were like 300 American hostages in the Iran, no one was hurt.....
There were 1,000,000 casualties of Irak-Iran war (where Saddam got US backing)...
Shame...
?
So what, we are not talking about France here....

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: adlep
something about iran and american hostages comes to mind
Poor piss excuse for a darn short sightness (ingorance) of Regan's foreign policy...
There were like 300 American hostages in the Iran, no one was hurt.....
There were 1,000,000 casualties of Irak-Iran war (where Saddam got US backing)...
Shame...
?
So what, we are not talking about France here....

While I agree, in hindsite it was probably a foreign policy mistake, but at the time it made sense.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
While I agree, in hindsite it was probably a foreign policy mistake, but at the time it made sense
Yes, it makes sense....
rolleye.gif

Oh why, and why do they hate us so much?
rolleye.gif

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Originally posted by: charrison
While I agree, in hindsite it was probably a foreign policy mistake, but at the time it made sense.

Exactly. However, the bad part isnt that a mistake was made, but that its not being learned from today.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Anybody watch Conan last night? Triumph the Insult Dog went out on street in Canada to talk to the Frech-Canadians. He brought a translator with him for the folks who didn't speak English. He came up to one Franch girl and said "Sorry I had to bring a translator...I only know basic Franch expressions, like "I surrender".

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
I am not sure what you implying, but I am not French, so please go away with your France allusions....
Edit: Yor funny pictures will not chage the facts....
And the fact is that the US goverment was supporitng an "evil dictator" who possessed a WMD in the 80's...
Shame.
Dude: Look at the movie, look how relaxed he is...
Hahaha...My friend Saddam....

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Gaard
Anybody watch Conan last night? Triumph the Insult Dog went out on street in Canada to talk to the Frech-Canadians. He brought a translator with him for the folks who didn't speak English. He came up to one Franch girl and said "Sorry I had to bring a translator...I only know basic Franch expressions, like "I surrender".

You do know that canada has the largest french speaking population in the world that has never surrendered to Germany. :D