- Aug 24, 2001
This is out now despite the TXB article saying it would be out next week. Good to hear that the wait time for matchmaking has been improved. That was the one thing that I really didn't like about the demo. I may have to at least give this a rental now.
The Lead Program Manager of Shadowrun announced today that a second title update for the game will be available next week on Xbox Live.
We have more info about TU2 now, and as promised, you get it as soon as we have it. The 360 version has passed Cert, and the Vista version is expected to pass in the very near future. What does this mean? You're likely to see the title update live sometime early next week. We can't promise a specific day - too many variables we don't control - but it should early next week.
Vista and 360:
Big ticket items
* Implemented improvements to matchmaking. We expect a 200-300% improvement in wait times. We've also added clearer status messaging.
* Improved sync times. When a new player joins a game, the synching wait will be reduced.
* Made changes to improve party system. Parties should be split less now, and when splitting is absolutely necessary, we attempt to regroup the party later.
* You may now use the artifact to clear bodies in Attrition.
* Fixed some potential exploit issues. No, we're not going to elaborate on this.
* Fixed various issues that could result in soft locks or crashes.
* Fixed a problem that could cause game to be stuck at sync screen indefinitely.
* Fixed a problem with the Unstoppable achievement. And there was much rejoicing.
* Smartlink HUD will now show up with controllers #2, #3, and #4.
* Players won't get kicked for inactivity if they're still in the lobby when the game starts.
* You should be less likely to cycle to a small version of a map if you have a lot of players.
* Fixed some errors in localized text for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
* You should get clearer feedback when attempting to join a full game via the guide.
* Changed some of the achievement descriptions to make goals clearer.
* Dwarf hint text is now correct. (They CAN be unawared - just not headshotted.)
* Bots on Dig Site are not so determined to kill themselves in the Sacrifice Pit now.
* Bots in Raid games will emphasize flag pickup towards the end of rounds.
* Bots should no longer be so fascinated with walls.
* Bots no longer look at a flag carrier that can't be seen rather than threats that can be seen.
* Public match fill bots should now support the team better.
This is the bulk of the changes. If you experience any problems with the title update, please post on the Technical Issues forum. Rux / Fall and the guys will be keeping an eye out.